Cabin selection on Epic help - never been in forward facing cabin

eynsteinp

I just booked room 16000 on the Epic. It is a forward facing 2 bedroom cabin. I never have travelled in a forward facing cabin and don't know if it has a different feel or not than a side facing or aft-facing (which I did once and liked). The cruise consultant recommended it saying that these are very popular and give a little bit of a unique cruise experience. Any input on this would be great. I can get a little motion sick if the movement is too bad so that is a little bit of a concern always for me. My wife likes to sleep in and try to avoid very noisy areas if possible. Thanks in advance for any input.

We stayed in 17005 which is a smaller courtyard forward suite than yours. We had no issues at all. Our cabin setup was an enclosed balcony with windows that opened. I laid on the lounger while my DH enjoyed the chair and we had a mini breakfast (pre-going to the Haven restaurant for "real breakfast") on the balcony and loved it. This was our second time sailing forward and we enjoyed the view but I really missed being aft and watching the wake etc. There was one night we had a slight listing and it was like being rocked to sleep.

Linda, thanks for the reply. Do your get much more movement being in front of the ship or was the whole ship listing on the night you are describing?

We were getting ready to go to bed and noticed it. It was not a big deal just enough to notice a difference. It was smooth sailing throughout our time. There was never any "whoa hold on now" moments. It is a convenient spot to be close to everything in the Haven. If we sail the Epic again we would not hesitate to book this cabin again. We spent most of our time topside in Posh.

We were in similar 2 bedroom on 17. I think we did feel more motion (l like it my sister, not so much). However I really did not like the enclosed balcony. We were only in the Caribbean so there was not much to see but if in Europe or Alaska I would have not liked it very much.

When the seas are calm or waves up to 8 feet or so there will be very little movement anywhere on the ship. The forward facing cabins will have a lot more motion when there are rough seas though. The front of the ship will "bounce" up and down while the engines will keep the aft of the ship in the water. Also the higher decks will have a more pronounced side to side motion when there is a strong cross or quartering wind.