Favorite MDR items?

Think most of the food we like have already been mentioned previously.

Let's start with shrimp cocktail

31781196802_c9343d62a7_h.jpg

One of the many cold soups (aka poor person's jamba juice)

enhance

Escargo

32019121902_af3b1664c3_h.jpg

Double lobster with shrimp

31687949854_49ed97cc67_h.jpg

Lamb shank with mint jelly

32262247130_6e1dee590c_h.jpg

Lamb shank was extremely popular at our table. Five out of six of us ordered it.

32262270490_1ea6a76dc5_h.jpg

Jumping over to desserts:

Special holiday dessert of French yule log

32262910540_a8711e1b37_h.jpg

So called baked Alaska. Missed the old days of actually seeing the parade and presentation of the actual big cake. Now it's just a slice

32408839421_7d00a220fd_h.jpg

I know the title asks about food in MDR, but if somehow you end up eating at dinner windjammer on some nights, they have ice cream there and you can add your own toppings

32322615746_9a253b88d7_h.jpg

Back to MDR for the warm cake

31357247023_a14761dc79_h.jpg

If all this is too much sugar for your diet, you can always ask waiter to bring you a plate of fruits

32129437046_3f1e30fa8a_h.jpg

Jumping over to desserts:

Special holiday dessert of French yule log

32262910540_a8711e1b37_h.jpg

So called baked Alaska. Missed the old days of actually seeing the parade and presentation of the actual big cake. Now it's just a slice

32408839421_7d00a220fd_h.jpg

I know the title asks about food in MDR, but if somehow you end up eating at dinner windjammer on some nights, they have ice cream there and you can add your own toppings

32322615746_9a253b88d7_h.jpg

Back to MDR for the warm cake

31357247023_a14761dc79_h.jpg

If all this is too much sugar for your diet, you can always ask waiter to bring you a plate of fruits

32129437046_3f1e30fa8a_h.jpg

Love your post. I just had dinner and dessert, and your post is making me hungry.

I haven't seen a savoury bite in ages!

Oh no! We cruise Royal just for the savory bites! Not really, but we do really love them when we dine in the MDR. Has anyone seen savory bites on recent cruises? If not, why would Royal remove them from their arsenal of breads? They have always been very popular.

Edited by coffeebean

Oh no! We cruise Royal just for the savory bites! Not really, but we do really love them when we dine in the MDR. Has anyone seen savory bites on recent cruises? If not, why would Royal remove them from their arsenal of breads? They have always been very popular.

As I've heard if you ask for them you will get them

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The raisin/cranberry bread at breakfast (oval- shaped slices). Very similar to Challah bread. I will say it is better on some ships than others. If it is soft and a little moist and "eggy" which is the way it should be, it is delicious with butter and a cup of coffee or tea! :D

The raisin/cranberry bread at breakfast (oval- shaped slices). Very similar to Challah bread. I will say it is better on some ships than others. If it is soft and a little moist and "eggy" which is the way it should be, it is delicious with butter and a cup of coffee or tea! :D

Oh, yes! That bread is great in the mornings. I didn't discover it until a couple of years ago. Love a good savory bite, but sometimes they are a little hard to bite! Those pumpkin seed rolls have become a favorite lately. One more week til I can order it all again!