Trip insurance question

When can you find out her exam dates? Who at the school can you ask for details? I assume each professor sets his or her own exam date -- either the last class OR exam week?

My kids didn't /don't go to school in Canada, but their exam schedules were available right there on the registration schedule.

I'm actually going to call the school myself today to see what, if anything, they would be able to provide showing that the dates hadn't been set when we bought the insurance.

Sadly, the professor doesn't set their own exam date. Once dates are set, the professor will be notified of the time and place.

I looked at the spring semester, to see if I could get an idea of when her psych class exam would have been... and ALL exams for that course were on the same day, one day before the last available date. If that holds true, and everything else fell in line, then she would just hop into her car after the exam and drive to Baltimore. She jokes, watch there be a lot of snow between here and there.

We had to cancel last October due to DS lost his job and was starting a new one. That's not a "covered" event, rather a "any reason" reason. I waited up until the last minute (16 days) just in case things changed, which they didn't. I had already made final payment. I got 25% back from RCCL in cash. I ultimately got 75% of the balance in Future Cruise Credit, which we are using in 20 days.

So you could wait until the date of final exam is posted and then cancel if you have to. All in all I was out about 25% total cost. However, had I waited two more days I would have gotten $0 back from RCCL and still only 75% of the balance on a FCC.

It's not a quick process it took about 60 days to get my FCC certificate numbers. BTW: FCC certificates are issued to the named pax not who paid the bill.

Help me understand how Royal's coverage works? What is this 16 day window?

Help me understand how Royal's coverage works? What is this 16 day window?

I don't think the 16 days is related to insurance. I believe it's related to being able to get a 25% refund when you cancel the cruise.

Is there another person that you might want to cruise with? Royal Caribbean allows name changes within a few days of the cruise. If on the off chance that your daughter's exam is on the 21st you could do a switch.

I don't think the 16 days is related to insurance. I believe it's related to being able to get a 25% refund when you cancel the cruise.

I was just reading about that. So if I cancel by 11/29, I am out 75% of the cruise fare, meaning I would get 25% back in cash? If I did that AND had purchased Royal's coverage, would I get the remaining amount (75%) towards a future cruise?

I was just reading about that. So if I cancel by 11/29, I am out 75% of the cruise fare, meaning I would get 25% back in cash? If I did that AND had purchased Royal's coverage, would I get the remaining amount (75%) towards a future cruise?

I know you would get the 25% back as a credit to your credit card that was used to make final payment. However, I don't know if the 75% credit you get back from insurance is 75% of the total cost, or 75% of the money you lost.