Anthem of the Seas - 5-day New England and Canada

BirdTravels

No idea on customs. They were calling, primarily Chinese guest, as we pulled into Halifax "to do Canadian immigration processing".

When the itinerary changes, it was forecast for mid-60's and we packed jackets and long pants. Today is a beautiful shorts and tshirt day.

No idea on customs. They were calling, primarily Chinese guest, as we pulled into Halifax "to do Canadian immigration processing".

When the itinerary changes, it was forecast for mid-60's and we packed jackets and long pants. Today is a beautiful shorts and tshirt day.

BTW, remember that the CDN $ is 80 cents! Enjoy the "20% discount" ;)

Quick question for the Anthem Veterans. They suggest you download the RQ app on your mobile device - from Google Play. I do not have a smart phone but a Kindle Fire (which I plan to use in Wiofi free ports. I do not plan to buy any internet pkg.

Since I assume the app (which I'll assume works on a Kindle) needs internet, is there any reason to load it on my Fire? Thanks. One day before we leave home.

I searched but couldn't find the app available for kindle fire. I have had connection problems, could be my iPhone is the problem, my kindle seems to be working okay now. My husband has had no problems going back and forth between android phone and Chromebook. Anyway, the paper compass will be in your cabin the evening before, and there are smartboard displays everywhere beyond that.

Final night with moderate seas. The barf bags are out on each stairwell and in use. There are a few brave souls by the pool watching the movie as waves splash in the pool.

Both showings of Spectra Cabaret were cancelled for the safety of the cast. And when they tried to show a concert in two70, two of the robots touched causing the show to halt.

59ebd4bf7bfe35d8f0cf00839762eee3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Commentary: Voom not so vroom

So,,,, they may get high apparent internet speeds using cache servers with smart pre-fetching of pages, but for the advertised "streaming" and uploading of pictures, the system was miserable. We were unable to conduct Skype or FaceTime audio calls without significant dropouts.

I think that it is partly that the ship continues to sell packages, when they are clearly oversubscribed. And as more and more people are on the system, performance goes to unusable.

0c148da662b347c3449fda83c6e9e4b8.jpg

Question I hope anyone can answer for me:

That minibar order form, is that fleet wide? In every category? (Specifically interested in Adventure and Explorer)

If those are 12 oz cans of soft drinks, that's considerably cheaper for us than the $8.50/day package.

Question I hope anyone can answer for me:

That minibar order form, is that fleet wide? In every category? (Specifically interested in Adventure and Explorer)

If those are 12 oz cans of soft drinks, that's considerably cheaper for us than the $8.50/day package.

Yes, same minibar order form on other ships.

Thanks for all the information. I'll board 2 weeks from today and can't wait!! So the mini-fridge is empty unless you purchase items and have it stocked? That's good to know because I plan to grab bottles of water utilizing my drink package and store them in there.

Commentary: Voom not so vroom

So,,,, they may get high apparent internet speeds using cache servers with smart pre-fetching of pages, but for the advertised "streaming" and uploading of pictures, the system was miserable. We were unable to conduct Skype or FaceTime audio calls without significant dropouts.

I think that it is partly that the ship continues to sell packages, when they are clearly oversubscribed. And as more and more people are on the system, performance goes to unusable.

0c148da662b347c3449fda83c6e9e4b8.jpg

That's not good. [emoji45]

That's not good. [emoji45]

Carol, you know and I know, the internet is great on Anthem. Well, it was awful on our 9/9 sailing, very, very slow, couldn't stream and wouldn't connect a lot of the times. I was told by the IT Officer, they were having issues with servers in Miami due to the hurricame:eek: I guess it hasn't improved much :eek:

I had no problems with Face Time on that sailing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Does anyone have the adventure ocean cruise compass or a link to one. I want to know if adventure ocean will be open for drop off on the first night. I know it is open for registration, but I want to know if it is open from drop off (4 and 5 year old) on the first night.

Thank you