Massage - Receipt for Insurance?

Newbcruiser1

Has anyone been able to get a detailed receipt for an onboard massage (amount paid, RMT's name, etc) for submission to health insurance company for coverage?

Bonus points if you're in Canada and were successfully reimbursed!

Thanks in advance!

Canadians get reimbursed for massages?! I think its time I move north! :D

Xcell - Yes it depends on one's coverage through their employer. Our healthcare in Canada is public so no cost; however, most people have additional insurance either through their employer or paid for out of pocket for prescription drugs, dental, and other extended healthcare services like medical devices, psychologists, naturopaths, massage, eyeglasses, etc. The amounts are typically quite limited - my massage coverage equates to about 2-3 per year.

Ourusualbeach - am already aware of my yearly massage allowance. In order to be reimbursed though, I need a proper receipt showing what the service was, and that the provider was an RMT, etc. That is what I'm trying to find out - whether RCI provides those! :) (And on that note, whether those providing the messages are registered massage therapists!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No Canadian here.... I know on German cruise lines like AIDA and TUI Cruises they do have licensed physiotherapists which are eligable to write an invoice which is reimbursed by German health insurances.

But the massage offered by RCI is no medical massage but just "fun". So no physiotherapist involved. Wouldn´t be reimbursed in Germany.

steamboats

Steamboats, that's wonderful that you're able to be reimbursed from the German cruise lines! I think the American lines should take note! :) It would actually probably increase their business if people were able to submit the massage receipts for coverage.

Constable, that's too bad! Did you inquire as to whether they were able to provide a more detailed receipt?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums