Condition of South Beach?

Barwick Cruiser

We are booked for two nights pre cruise in South Beach at the end of October. I haven't heard anything from our hotel so I'm assuming all is well on that front but since we were hoping to spend some time on the actual beach I'm wondering what condition it's in at this point.

Thanks, Cathy

We are booked for two nights pre cruise in South Beach at the end of October. I haven't heard anything from our hotel so I'm assuming all is well on that front but since we were hoping to spend some time on the actual beach I'm wondering what condition it's in at this point.

Thanks, Cathy

Hi Cathy. We are booked for Miami Beach in November and also wonder about the condition of our condo. We will be staying at HGV McAlpin Ocean Plaza on Ocean Drive. Hoping all is well for those in this area.:cool:

99% chance everything is fine. I am only aware of one hotel that has had to close for more than a few days and is still having problems.

Miami is 99.9% back to normal at this point. We did not get a direct hit, damage was minimal in Miami. Miami Beach is fine, the hotels are fine. You can call to be sure but if they have not contacted you I doubt there are any problems.

99% chance everything is fine. I am only aware of one hotel that has had to close for more than a few days and is still having problems.

Miami is 99.9% back to normal at this point. We did not get a direct hit, damage was minimal in Miami. Miami Beach is fine, the hotels are fine. You can call to be sure but if they have not contacted you I doubt there are any problems.

Thank you, that's very reassuring...hard to know from only news reports the true extent of damage in specific areas. We're looking forward to a couple of days in SB!!

Do you know, is this Restaurant promo that's been extended into October, does it apply to any good restaurants in the South Beach area? We'll be staying at the Hotel of South Beach.

There is some damage to hotels and buildings as well as restaurants that haven't opened yet. Ritz Carlton South Beach has pushed back their opening date to Oct 6. The Tides had damage and think they are opening again around Oct 1. There are few others. There are also some condo's that have balcony and window damage. By the end of Oct, things will have grown back and all will be back open.

There are buildings here on Brickell that have balcony and window damage and some restaurants that got water damage. Four Seasons have over 120 damaged windows, my condo has around the same, 1450 Brickell has window damage. The windows are going to take months to fix. The Conrad building was still cleaning up last weekend. Mortons Steakhouse was completely flooded and I'm not sure they are open yet. They needed a good cleaning anyway!