October 22 Oasis Itinerary Has Been Updated

cruzeluver

Totally agree with Italian boater. I did call and ask for compensation and was told none is offered at this time. :confused:. Maybe if enough people voice complaint they will try to make us a bit happier. Just a thought.

This is nothing new. Over the years I've had dozen port changes including Western to Eastern and Western to Eastern due to Hurricane's. Isn't going to happen. Only time I ever got OBC was when had missed port and replaced with extra sea day. And back then they wouldn't even return your Port Tax for a missed stop...

Hypothetical question

Traveling with a non US citizen

Cruise Itenary changes to include a visa required destination for the non US citizen

Will royal , or cruise lines in general, allow to cancel the trip for a full refund ?

Or they will require us to obtain a visa and do the cruise ?

( Due to "trust" issues with the consulate ,postal system .. the traveler does not prefer to part with the travel documents, passport etc , to submit for visa .. )

( May not be enough time to obtain the visa )

Any tips will be greatly appreciated

I have a non visa itenary now but seeing posts like this make me want to know about the hypothetical change

Are you certain that a visa would be required for CRUISE travel? Many of the islands that state a visa is necessary for citizens of <whatever country> actually waive that requirement for cruise ship travelers.

I would assume that you would be expected to get the required documentation, but if a visa is not able to be obtained before the cruise, I'm not sure how RCL would handle that.

That may be but we did pay the price for a Eastern Itinerary and given a Western with small ports...there is a difference in cost eastern versus western. Yes I feel at least a adjustment should be in line.

Lots of energy and low pressure in the western Caribbean right now. Could be the next hot spot in early October. Could be interesting if this forces itineraries back to the East.

We were on Oasis during Irma & were told by several crew that they would not be doing the eastern for at least 3/4 months. There are only so many ports that the mega ships can dock at, & it's to far south for them to go to the southern islands, so for awhile they will only be doing the western & so, unfortunately nothing anyone can do about it.