Filed a complaint with guest relations but still want to book more

ellasmomanddad

Calling people names because they don't agree with you isn't the approach that will prompt quality reactions. Don't use that approach if you do speak to someone from customer service. Just calmly explain why you're calling and focus on the early departure from port resulting in losing some of what you had expected to receive (focus on the excursion credits).

They have been proactive in offering make goods to the people who suffered major changes to their cruises. You will likely be offered something because of the early departure from port.

Being that you quoted the OP, your information is wrong.

The ship did NOT leave early. It arrived and left per the itinerary posted time.

You have mixed up the facts with another poster who was on the Breakaway.

Being that you quoted the OP, your information is wrong.

The ship did NOT leave early. It arrived and left per the itinerary posted time.

You have mixed up the facts with another poster who was on the Breakaway.

Yup. My mistake. Reading the rest of the thread, I don't see how the OP is entitled to anything at all.

When you choose to cruise at peak of hurricane season you take the risk. We where on Breakaway Sept 17 sail. Yes rough seas going down but nothing that horrible. I personally sleep like a baby when we are rocking and rolling.

People always have to find something to complain about. We did leave early Jose in front Marie behind. How many people can ever say they sailed in between 2 hurricanes. Life is an adventure embrace it. So many people lost everything in these hurricanes be thankful for what you did have on the cruise and what you in your everyday life. So many have nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow, this is an "entertaining" thread. It is a big disappointment to have a lot of $$$ spent to have a bad cruise, I get that, but hurricanes happen and all cruise lines were affected. The best responses to the thread so far in my opinion...Ncklhaus nearly made me spew my coffee this morning....

I can't take it anymore.....it's "were" not "where"!

Sorry, but I needed to get that out. ;p

Are you "loosing" your patience? :)

Just so I'm clear, your grievances are:

1. The captain didn't navigate around a hurricane properly. Just out of curiosity, what's your nautical background?

2. You're mad you didn't get a free meal at La Cucina because the seas were rough.

3. Your apple juice was delayed.

4. Missing perks related to your Latitudes status. Did they forget the chocolate on the pillow one night or something?

Thank you, thank you very much! (In my best Elvis voice) :')

I'm beginning to wonder if the OP didn't start complaining that the Captain didn't know what he was doing and then every other complaint went on deaf ears. I also think that the rude staff was because they said no to the OP's demands for freebies.

Agreed!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1. Did you interview the Captain? How do you know that 'fuel' is the reason he didn't go in a different direction?

2. What is Fwd Aft? You said all injuries were Fwd Aft. Not sure what that means.

3. Are you planning on TAKING multiple cruises, or just putting down multiple deposits and then picking one?

4. You said your concierge and butler were non-existent, just before saying your concierge on 3 separate occasions gave you a business care.

5. You would call the front desk and ask for the Hotel Director. You cannot call the bridge.

6. When did they stop serving breakfast/lunch in Cagney's?

7. Did you take any shore excursions? If not, then the $50 credit wouldn't apply. It only applies if you took the excursion.

8. 25 ft seas are nothing. On our way to Iceland we sailed through 45 ft seas for about 36 hours. It was intimidating a little, but frankly kind of fun. I took video. As you can hear in the narration, a glass fell over. And at the end I thought I should sit.

9. If you called my company and insisted I give you compensation, before you'd book again - I'd disinvite you from booking. Whether I deem your situation worthy of compensation is entirely up to me. You're best-off waiting, whether it takes 3 weeks, or 6. And if it was irritating enough to you that you don't want to sail again with NCL, then don't.

On board the Hotel Director reports to the Captain. On shore, either Klaus or Denis as pointed out earlier.

Stephen

Oh Stevie why so many questions?