Filed a complaint with guest relations but still want to book more

ellasmomanddad

We recently had a rough cruise between rough rough seas ( the blood vessels in my eyes broke from lack of sleep I can provide pictures for doubters) rude staff and not receiving perks we paid for. Nonetheless I'm sitting here going in between cc and ncl websites researching my next reservation without receiving a call back to address my issues.

Should I call ncl and tell them I'm prepared to make multiple deposits for future cruises depending on how guest relations handles my past cruise, or do I wait the 3 weeks for a call. For the record I would be a suite or haven guest exclusively would they handle me different with that knowledge.

That's probably what I'd do in your shoes.

Note for your future cruises: Always contact the hotel director if you are having problems, so they can make it right while on board. They have the authority to make a situation right. The people at the customer service desks aren't great, IMO, if there's a problem. They are unfortunately trained, it seems, to make guests get frustrated and give up. Then again, they deal half their day with customers that don't read details of what they purchased (e.g., dining package doesn't include Bayamo for free) and scream at them. I've witnessed that unfair yelling and berating of the customer service staff enough times to at least have sympathy, but I've also seen the customer service staff be short, and dismissive, when they should probably escalate the issue to their manager behind closed doors.

If you did talk to the hotel director and things weren't made right, I'm surprised. Attending the Cruise Critic meet and greets are a huge benefit in this situation. You get to meet all the senior cruise staff at the start of your cruise and get their direct number. They sincerely want you to contact them if anything is wrong.

What perks didn't you receive? I wonder if there might be an underlying reason. People here have a lot of experience dealing with missing perks and often they've gone through some sleuthing to figure out if it was their travel agent, ncl, a computer glitch, or just confusion to blame.

I wish you luck getting a call back. I recently was on a less than ideal trans Atlantic cruise with mechanical issues and really didn't get much in feedback beyond a canned letter and a $150 credit for my next cruise in the form of an I'm sorry email.

We recently had a rough cruise between rough rough seas ( the blood vessels in my eyes broke from lack of sleep I can provide pictures for doubters) rude staff and not receiving perks we paid for. Nonetheless I'm sitting here going in between cc and ncl websites researching my next reservation without receiving a call back to address my issues.

Should I call ncl and tell them I'm prepared to make multiple deposits for future cruises depending on how guest relations handles my past cruise, or do I wait the 3 weeks for a call. For the record I would be a suite or haven guest exclusively would they handle me different with that knowledge.

1.. The rough seas are out of NCL's control - so you certainly won't get any compensation for that.

2. The other stuff - hard to say because you have not really provided much detail:

Did you complain while you were on board the ship about staff issues and perks not received? If you did not - I would say that it is most unlikely that you will receive any compensation - since there will be no record of your dissatisfaction.

What were the perks not received - for all we know it could have just been a misunderstanding of what you were entitled to - I say that because I cannot understand why NCL would not give you your perks on board as soon as the lack thereof was pointed out to them.

If you can actually prove that perks you were entitled to were actually refused on board - then you may have some hope.

Rude staff - how were staff rude - inappropriate language? or not responding as you expected?

Anyway - good luck - I doubt that future cruises will influence them much.

I don't consider it pressure tactics it would be good customer service, it keeps good customers around. As far as rough seas go every captain has navigation skills and can go different directions they choose not too because of fuel.

As far as the perks my Butler and concierge where non existent. I'm not a snob but if you get a suite or haven and ask for Apple juice it should be there today not mid week, 50 a day shore excursion could not be used because all excursions where cancelled.

As far as contacts our concierge 3 times on this cruise gave us a business card with a complaint log number. I didn't know I could call the bridge for the hotel director(not being sarcastic I did not know it was an option so thank you).

I don't consider it pressure tactics it would be good customer service, it keeps good customers around. As far as rough seas go every captain has navigation skills and can go different directions they choose not too because of fuel.

As far as the perks my Butler and concierge where non existent. I'm not a snob but if you get a suite or haven and ask for Apple juice it should be there today not mid week, 50 a day shore excursion could not be used because all excursions where cancelled.

As far as contacts our concierge 3 times on this cruise gave us a business card with a complaint log number. I didn't know I could call the bridge for the hotel director(not being sarcastic I did not know it was an option so thank you).

It is pressure tactics if you are implying that they have to do something to get you to book. I believe it's called blackmail in some circles.

Weather and sea conditions are not at the Captain's discretion. Routing is but the Captain can use any route he wishes that will still allow him to meet schedules, which means there is not as much flexibility as one might think. We have had rough seas in the Caribbean because of a Nor'easter many miles away. You can't always just sail around weather.

Bad service needs to be addressed immediately not after you get home. You have every right to good service, but that does not give you the right to ask for freebies later, instead. Ask for good service while you are on the ship.

If port calls get canceled, there is not a lot you can do about the excursions. You may get future OBC in exchange if you never got to use it at all. (In my mind, the excursion option is the weakest of all the perks.)

Problem with rough seas, be thankful you made it to shore with no damage to anyone: Even a skilled captain can only do so much.

Butler, etc not available: no excuse unless the situation was such they were totally busy and it sounds like that may have been the situation, if the seas were that rough.

No conpenstaion for the excursion perk, if there were other excursions you could have taken in place of the cancelled ones, you have no complaint except for disappointment which I understand. If there were absolutely no choices you should have gotten something in place of the promo.

Being a guest in a suite has nothing to do with anything.

As for calling, forget it, but you may want to try writing a letter to guest services or the PR department. It won't hurt. Do not send it to CEO, it will end up getting filed in the round file. Hope this helps, but I am not sure your problems are NCLs or could have been controlled. Rough seas can be a bumer.

Go from laying down to standing in an average 25 foot waves emphasis on avg and not sleep for 4 days ( neither did crew probably where the rude staff part comes in they where even more exhausted than usual) because the captain wanted to get away from a hurricane that still hasn't gotten to where we were by driving into 1 that we went thru to get to our destination. I'm sorry captains have choices and he made the wrong 1.

Thanks for hijacking btw. My question was to wait to hear from guest relations or it doesn't matter.

Unfortunately, I think the only thing you might be able to get some compensation for is the shore excursion credits. As someone else mentioned, you might get some OBC for lack of service of butler, but I wouldn't expect much. Concierge is always a bit hit of miss, so prob no chance of anything for that lack of service.

I don't think tying compensation from your last cruise to your potential for future cruises will increase your chances of getting compensation....probably won't hurt them either, but it will get complicated since it would be multiple departments trying to coordinate (new booking vs customer relations). Plus, it feels slightly like bribery or extortion lol

It's always frustrating when a dream vacation turns out to not be so dreamy, so I wish you luck getting something that will make you feel heard!

I think possibly people are used to certain types of US businesses with "retention" departments. For example, cancel your cable television service, they send you to the retention department and make you offers to keep your business.

Cruise industry doesn't work like that. "Ships sail full" so they don't have to.

And for the record as for compensation I asked for dinner at la cucina while I was on board and I would buy the haven cruise next certificate and was told my problems had to be resolved by Florida. I'm not looking for a free cruise just loyalty

So for whatever inconveniences you encountered, you wanted some form of compensation (the freebie dinner at La Cucina) and are cheesed off you didn't get it.

I say you should absolutely get on the horn and communicate you would gladly book three more cruises if only they respected your loyalty by giving you something for the rough seas you encountered, the purported "rude staff" and the unusable non-refundable excursion credit from your last cruise.

Customer service representatives just love dealing with pressure tactics and threats from their so-called loyal customers on matters that can be considered subjective and outside their control.

My Magic Eight Ball says you may just end up with that free cruise after all.

Problem with rough seas, be thankful you made it to shore with no damage to anyone: Even a skilled captain can only do so much.

While I was in the infirmary for my eye there was 5 broken arms 2 broken feet all from people sleeping. I never said nobody got hurt we where not lucky. Like I said all excursions where cancelled confirmed by the excursion desk 3 days in a row.

While I was in the infirmary for my eye there was 5 broken arms 2 broken feet all from people sleeping. I never said nobody got hurt we where not lucky. Like I said all excursions where cancelled confirmed by the excursion desk 3 days in a row.

Which ship/sailing was this?

Once again trolls I DON'T WANT A FREE CRUISE. In fact that more helpful post say they might credit the shore excursion deal that would have been cheaper than dinner. I'm sorry you like getting capped on when you go out I don't enjoy it nobody goes to a car dealership pays for a new one and walks out with a used one for the same price get a grip be helpful no hostile.

Dawn 9/15 all injuries fwd aft

Wow. I've never read about passengers getting broken bones in rough seas, much less so many of them. Were you near one of the various storms?

Wonder if the cruise line charges to set those bones, or how that's handled.

I would have expected a more conservative approach after NCL was criticized so much for sailing in rough seas back in 2015 (or was it 2016?) I am always skeptical because one person's rough seas is another person's fun ride. I've been in 25' seas numerous times in sailings from NYC down the coast and while people were seasick I never heard of broken bokes. 7 cases of broken bones would swing my opinion in agreement to OP that ship was too close.

I would have expected a more conservative approach after NCL was criticized so much for sailing in rough seas back in 2015 (or was it 2016?) I am always skeptical because one person's rough seas is another person's fun ride. I've been in 25' seas numerous times in sailings from NYC down the coast and while people were seasick I never heard of broken bokes. 7 cases of broken bones would swing my opinion in agreement to OP that ship was too close.

Hmm, were they (criticized)? I remember being pretty sick on an NCL western on the Getaway in June 2016, but can't remember which storm it was. Whatever it was it was churning up the gulf pretty good and I basically spent a whole day in my cabin watching things slide back and forth. (The ship was doing this sort of... four-part rolling pattern that was quite unpleasant.) But I don't know what's normal/tolerable, haven't been sailing that long.

As far as rough seas go every captain has navigation skills and can go different directions they choose not too because of fuel.

You are assuming that there were calm seas somewhere, which might not be the case. I wouldn't use this as a complaint, unless you have facts to back up where the calmer seas were and can prove that the Captain wanted to stay in rough seas.

On every NCL ship I've been on has form you can fill out that goes directly to the Hotel Director. When I filled mine out, which was a suggestion on how to make an issue better, I got a call from the Hotel Director right away. Also, you could have asked at the Guest Services desk to have the Hotel Director call you. BTW, the Hotel Director has an office and doesn't hang out on the bridge.

That's probably what I'd do in your shoes.

Note for your future cruises: Always contact the hotel director if you are having problems, so they can make it right while on board. They have the authority to make a situation right. The people at the customer service desks aren't great, IMO, if there's a problem. They are unfortunately trained, it seems, to make guests get frustrated and give up. Then again, they deal half their day with customers that don't read details of what they purchased (e.g., dining package doesn't include Bayamo for free) and scream at them. I've witnessed that unfair yelling and berating of the customer service staff enough times to at least have sympathy, but I've also seen the customer service staff be short, and dismissive, when they should probably escalate the issue to their manager behind closed doors.

If you did talk to the hotel director and things weren't made right, I'm surprised. Attending the Cruise Critic meet and greets are a huge benefit in this situation. You get to meet all the senior cruise staff at the start of your cruise and get their direct number. They sincerely want you to contact them if anything is wrong.

And who do you complain to when the Hotel director is the problem?