For The "Savy" Cruiser

mellon1

We have a Costco Citi Visa that we use for our travel. We have over $2300 in rewards this year already. You do NOT have to cash the check at Costco. They will issue you a business check that you can take to your bank to deposit. They certainly don't expect you to spend these types of amounts at Costco and then give you the remainder in cash at the register.

Wasn't aware you could get a check. Do you have to go to the store to get a check or will they mail one? The website says you get a voucher in the Feb mailing statement and you take it to the store.

I don’t want a card that gives you points for any one particular company. I want the cash back to spend as I want. I use the Citi Double Cash Card. I get 2% cash back on all of my purchases. I don’t have to worry about which purchases get a higher percent back. BTW, there is no fee for this card.

You can get cash for the Sapphire if you want but since we fly southwest a lit, getting the mikes is a better desk for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t want a card that gives you points for any one particular company. I want the cash back to spend as I want. I use the Citi Double Cash Card. I get 2% cash back on all of my purchases. I don’t have to worry about which purchases get a higher percent back. BTW, there is no fee for this card.

Wonderful, sounds too good to be true! Do points expire or is there a limit?

Question: Is there a foreign transaction fee? That is always something I watch out for.

OK...this may stump many of all you die hard cruisers who know ALL. Been saving points forever with Princess and now they changed it...just as we were going to get enough points for a free cruise...and we can't get a free cruise. It comes out to 1% back. That sucks....sorry. What credit card do you recommend with the most cash back for "WHATEVER" you want to spend it on....OF COURSE A CRUISE!

I know this is a difficult question, but thought some of you may have something better to use than the Princess VISA. I am quite upset as we planned on this.

Thanks.

Mary

Discover Card. On our upcoming cruise we were able to get the 10% cash back offer by using Discover card. You have to go through the Discover Card vacation desk. We've been using them for a few years now with never a problem. You have to watch the Discover website for the 10% deals. Normally others are 5% cash back. Also, if you have a Costco Citi Bank card, there's sometimes 3% cash back. You have to look at the website and see what they offer. Along with our onboard credit and DH military money plus the 10% cash back, it's well over $1100 coming back to us.

• 2 weeks later...

THANKS, sounds like the best deal around.

We just used the Barclay's card for everything for 3 years and got $1400 towards our cruise. We have the Costco card but I struggle with having to wait until February to get our rebates... I like that with Barclay's we could get it credited sooner. Also, we have the Chase Sapphire but honestly the travel cost is so much higher through the website for hotels and airfare that we never end up using the points.

Discover Card. On our upcoming cruise we were able to get the 10% cash back offer by using Discover card. You have to go through the Discover Card vacation desk. We've been using them for a few years now with never a problem. You have to watch the Discover website for the 10% deals. Normally others are 5% cash back. Also, if you have a Costco Citi Bank card, there's sometimes 3% cash back. You have to look at the website and see what they offer. Along with our onboard credit and DH military money plus the 10% cash back, it's well over $1100 coming back to us.

The Costco Citi Bank Card always pays 3% back on all travel and dining including cruises, rental cars, hotels, etc. The cash back varies on other purchases.