Sushi on Five for $20 Listed in Dining Reservations Options

teltrainer

Probably a smart move...you will have no issues getting a seat and prices on board ship may be better.

I know there are some who love sushi and like this place but for us it is just too limited and taste specific. At least at Silk Harvest on Equinox, you can get some sushi and a huge variety of Asian cuisine.

Would prefer that style or bring back B on 5 with great soup, paninis, crepes, burgers and shakes.

On Eclipse now. Ate in Sushi on 5 last night. No deals, even with the $20 online “deal”. Pay for everything ala carte. Only 2 other people in restaurant. Under-whelmed by food and service. All employees hung around sushi prep area chatting. Will not return.

Probably a smart move...you will have no issues getting a seat and prices on board ship may be better.

Would prefer that style or bring back B on 5 with great soup, paninis, crepes, burgers and shakes.

Yes, we enjoyed B on 5 too. Wish they would take useless dying grass lawn area behind glass blowing or the empty basketball court (except for crew using and one child per cruise) and put in a "porch" type pannini/crepes/salad place.

Will be interesting to see what Celebrity does to S class ships during 2019 changes they've mentioned in news releases.

On Eclipse now. Ate in Sushi on 5 last night. No deals, even with the $20 online “deal”. Pay for everything ala carte. Only 2 other people in restaurant. Under-whelmed by food and service. All employees hung around sushi prep area chatting. Will not return.
Thanks for confirming what I thought was happening, Kim!

Just off Summit and easily got a 20% discount twice and even a 30% discount once. Can also confirm that it is empty most of the time. While they wouldn't budge on the a la carte pricing model, we had plenty of food at our meals for $35-40 total after the discounts. It is certainly not worth booking online - take your bets on the ship.

I thought the food was very good, and the service excellent with the waiters and hostess very happy to see us back and provide personalized service. Not the best ever, but what is really the best ever on a cruise ship? It was actually much better than I expected, hence why we went three times in one week.

After reading the most recent posts, I decided to cancel the reservation that I had made a little while back. We will take our chances at getting a discount while on the ship!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have a great cruise and hope you have a nice surprise too.