Sushi on Five for $20 Listed in Dining Reservations Options

teltrainer

From the "fine print"

We are happy to secure your reservation and apply a $20 credit to your bill, excluding all beverage items and gratuities.

I, too, called CaptsClub. They have no clue what the offer is and can only ask if I want to book it.

She re-iterated that So5 is an a la carte restaurant and that this offer is NOT an "all you can eat". I asked what was so "special" about the oefferring and she didn't know.

I was very concerned about Sushi on 5 and disappointed that we lost Bistro on 5. When we were invited to a Captain's lunch at Sushi on 5, I didn't know if we would be able to eat that much, since we aren't that interested in sushi. But we just loved it and will go again on our next X cruise, especially for $20 pp. They had items other than sushi that were just outstanding; and the sushi it self was most enjoyable.

The way I read it was---you pay $20 and you can order UP TO $35 on all the items. Anything that puts you over the $35 limit is added to your bill. If I order $33 worth of food, my $20 covers it. If I order $39 worth of food, I pay $20 +4. This is per person and does not include beverages and tip. I tried to add this to my cruise planner, but since I have already committed to Select Dining times, it did not appear the website could deal with it without messing up my present reservations. So, we will just see what happens when we are onboard. :rolleyes:

Edited by cluso
Spelling

So which is it then??!! I can't see them offering it as $20 pp to only secure a date and time reservation. There is no benefit to the customer by booking it in advance. I'm tempted to just book it now and see what happens when I get on the ship lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm the original poster. I decided not to call Celebrity (agree with the confused responses from agents) and just booked online using OBC. The fine print definitely said $20 includes $35 credit towards food. Printed this out and will show Sushi on Five if they say differently although I'm not anticipating a problem.

Looking forward to a delicious start to our cruise on the first night and avoid the main dining room first night madness

I was just told by a Celebrity agent that it is a $20pp "reservation charge" simply to reserve the date and time and that $20pp is just credited toward whatever you order a la carte. I then asked about the advantage of booking online in advance and she admitted there is not one under this model. For $20pp all you can eat, I'd love to grab it - I can eat my weight in sushi! But just to reserve, no thanks. I'll take my chances bargaining a two for one or discount while on the ship.

Edited by alyssal01

That's really funny because I decided to call celebrity back last night and was told by the agent that the $20 pp covers the cost of the food and you can order whatever you like and however much of it. I explained that this was my second time calling in with this question and, with previously obtaining a different answer, wanted to be certain beyond a shadow of a doubt before I booked it. She put me on hold and came back within a couple minutes to verify the info she gave me. At this point she probably thought I was crazy because I asked if she was absolutely sure this was the case lol. I thanked her for her help and went ahead and booked it. I have high hopes, but I guess I will find out in due time [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's certainly possible that they have different offers on the website for different cruises. I know that drink packages, for example, are sometimes on sale for some cruises and not others. So maybe for your cruise, it really is all you can eat for $20, while for our cruises it's just a reservation and a $20 food credit for $20.

Though with the experiences everyone has with both the Celebrity website and the customer service agents in their call center...well, I'll just say I do hope that you get what the customer service folks say you'll get. :)

A) Pay $20 and you get a confirmed reservation and $20 credit

B) Pay $20 and All You Can Eat

C) Pay $20 and you get $35 worth of credit

Okay A seems unlikely especially when Sushi on Five is empty all the time. B is possible, but wouldn't it be easy just to put down $20 all you can eat in the description? So my guess would be C.

We just ate there the other night for dinner. We did not pre-reserve nor did we get any type of discount (we also didn't ask because I didn't know that was an option). We were charged the all carte prices for everything we ordered.

I tried it for the 3rd time on our Infinity cruise last week. I am still not very impressed with the sushi. They didn't have noodles on the menu this time so we were stuck with just sushi. Once again the best items were the appetizers and the cocktails. It's only slightly better than supermarket sushi or fast food sushi. If it was an actual sushi restaurant in this area it would go out of business pretty quick. I only tried it again because others keep saying they enjoyed it. I can only assume they don't eat much sushi. I think I'm done with So5 (for sushi anyway, still like the cocktails and apps).

Ate at Sushi on 5 last night on the Reflection with the $20 deal. At dinner they first told me that the deal was $20 for $20 of sushi. I was not satisfied with that answer. $20 for $20 of product is not a deal. Long story short, the manager said that he has contacted headquarters for clarification. In the meantime, he discounted the dinner another 30%. I was satisfied with that answer.

Regarding the actual service and food:

Our waiter was wonderful. I think his names is Aris. Very knowledgeable about the food offerings and sakes. The manager was also very helpful.

Unfortunately, the menu is very limited. The spicy ahi tuna starter was the best item we ate. The rest of the food was just adequate. The restaurant was not very busy. I think Celebrity could make better use of the space. My suggestion is that Celebrity hold a contest on board their ships to ask their cruisers for ideas.

Hardly anyone there on our recent cruise Infinity Cruise Seems not enough interest... Maybe price changes and discounting are indicating it may go out like B on 5...

They should move it to the back of the Buffet where it used to be , in place of the awful sandwich area..very lo grade. And re try B on 5 with amazing soups, paninis, crepes, burgers and shakes.

We missed B on 5 for lunch..the buffet fare was terrible except for the first day when they had a great carving station..roast beef. MDR for lunch not any better...poor service!

It amazes me that a multi billion dollar corporation like RCL group can be in a situation where simple pricing in one of its restaurants creates such confusion.

In the highly unlikely event that Lisa Lutoff- Perlo is reading this, you really should have your people get their act together and let us all know!

So, is the sashimi any good? :D

Ate at Sushi on 5 last night on the Reflection with the $20 deal. At dinner they first told me that the deal was $20 for $20 of sushi. I was not satisfied with that answer. $20 for $20 of product is not a deal. Long story short, the manager said that he has contacted headquarters for clarification..

Hi Phillygirl,

Did you ever find out if the $20 is for Sushi items only as the Manager first told you? Thanks for any additional info

We got off the Equinox yesterday, so let me put this to rest. The $20pp is all you can eat with NO restrictions! The only thing not included is fresh Wasabi ($10).

I love sushi and thought it was ok. I had the Sushi and Sashimi (Chef's choice), Lobster Ramen (delicious!), Dynamite lobster and shimp, Three other types of roll (half portions)and my DW had the wontons and two orders of the Kobe Beef Slider (which was confirmed to be genuine, not Wagyu). I added up what it would have been a la carte and it came out to over $100, but the bill was just $40.

We got off the Equinox yesterday, so let me put this to rest. The $20pp is all you can eat with NO restrictions! The only thing not included is fresh Wasabi ($10).

I love sushi and thought it was ok. I had the Sushi and Sashimi (Chef's choice), Lobster Ramen (delicious!), Dynamite lobster and shimp, Three other types of roll (half portions)and my DW had the wontons and two orders of the Kobe Beef Slider (which was confirmed to be genuine, not Wagyu). I added up what it would have been a la carte and it came out to over $100, but the bill was just $40.

Did you reserve this online before you went, or you just walked in and were charged $20/person? I am genuinely so confused by all of these different answers.

If the sliders weren't at least $100 a piece they weren't genuine Kobe beef. ;)

They were genuine American Kobe style beef blend - so essentially mystery meat. Aka genuine fake Kobe or Fauxbe Beef.

And FYI Kobe is Wagyu.

Thank you for sharing your Equinox experience with this. We purchased for our December Equinox so hope it continues as you explained above

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi teltrainer. As I previously wrote, we were told the deal was $20 for $20 worth of food. We didn’t ask about drinks because we have a beverage package. The manager may have gotten a clarification from headquarters since our visit; however, i don't know. A second visit is not warranted.

We walked pass the restaurant tonight on the way to the 9pm show. There were about 8 people seated. Too bad. I love sushi.