Christmas on the Ship

emmay09

While on an S-class ship and being four years ago and Christmas was on a port day, please allow me to direct your attention to my review Reflection of a Christmas Cruise.

The basics were that on Christmas Eve they served a Tree Trimmers Midnight Buffet in what was then Bistro on Five abs the senior officers were there to greet everyone a Merry Christmas. Christmas Day was another port day but the ship was beautifully decorated 🌲

We were on the Infinity Christmas Day 2015 and it was a sea day. I do not recall specific activities, but I believe they had something in the Constellation lounge in the afternoon for families. One evening there was a Christmas themed show, maybe Christmas Eve? There was a very special lunch menu in the MDR on Christmas Day. We were in Aqua class and were disappointed that they were not offering a turkey dinner in Blu that night, but it was offered at lunch in the MDR so I got my fix of turkey then.

We were on board Equinox for Christmas and New Year last year. As others have said, the ship was beautifully decorated. It was a sea day.

There were plenty of special activities organised - we did not take part in all of them. I know on the day, the children and their parents and anyone anyone else who wanted to join in had a parade following Santa Claus from one end of the ship to the other. The children all received gifts from Santa. While this was going on, the normal sea day event were also continuing.

That was huge fun but the event we liked most was the carol concert held in the atrium. Song sheets were provided so that every nationality could join in and we calculated that there must have been at least a thousand people over all the decks all singing together.

I am not sure where you are from but Christmas traditions vary in different places. Many people had brought something from their Christmas tradition to make them feel at home. It was fun to see the pleasure the children at a nearby table got from our Christmas Crackers we gave them. The Luminae kitchen cooked our Christmas pudding or us and we shared that with the people at another table.

I was on the Silhouette last year and it was awesome. On Christmas Eve in the atrium area were Christmas carols and the had a snow machine. Also they delivered gingerbread cookies to the stateroom. On Christmas day, Santa in is the main atrium area and each child was given a wrapped gift. It was really nice. Yes, the Christmas decorations were gorgeous.

While on an S-class ship and being four years ago and Christmas was on a port day, please allow me to direct your attention to my review Reflection of a Christmas Cruise.

The basics were that on Christmas Eve they served a Tree Trimmers Midnight Buffet in what was then Bistro on Five abs the senior officers were there to greet everyone a Merry Christmas. Christmas Day was another port day but the ship was beautifully decorated

This will be our first Christmas cruise & we will be on the Reflection..

Christmas Eve we have a sea day & Christmas Day we will be in Costa Rica..

We normally have a boat Parade Party the weekend before Christmas, as live on the water, & I normally go all out decorating our home..

This year will not have our usual Tree & decorations but I'm still very excited about this cruise, as we'll be with Friends who we normally see on Christmas Eve..:cool:

We've done a couple of Christmas and New Year cruises and we've found X make more of NY's Eve than Christmas Day. Last year, our waiters in the MDR arranged for roast potatoes with our turkey on Christmas Day as we were discussing what our usual traditions were ;). The kids all got a gift from Santa.

We'll be on Eclipse this year to celebrate. This will be the first time Christmas Day isn't a sea day though.

The basics were that on Christmas Eve they served a Tree Trimmers Midnight Buffet in what was then Bistro on Five abs the senior officers were there to greet everyone a Merry Christmas. Christmas Day was another port day but the ship was beautifully decorated 🌲

That was nice review! Brief and concise.

I've done 2 Christmas sailings with Celebrity and absolutely loved them both.

Funny part was that Christmas coincided with Hanukkah and there were large groups of Jewish folks from Spain on both cruises(Equinox and Solstice) and many participated in the caroling on Christmas Eve. Was really wonderful.

I highly recommend Holiday cruising as it takes off so much of that stress.