Internet on Anthem of the seas

stephie07

Hi! We are booked on the November 11th sailing of the anthem of the seas and I was wondering if any of you had the prices for the internet cafe on board. Not the voom but the per minute internet with the computers on board.

Its the first time we'll be leaving our 2 girls (9 months and 2 years old at the time of sailing) And I'm already nervous. It will be our first cruise and travel in 4 years, we have been saving for this so the voom is not really in our budget. I just need to check with my mom that everything is ok on the 3 sea days to put my mind at ease and enjoy my vacation(I will find local wifi for the port days)

Thanks for your answers!

Are the computers in the library not available for checking email? I didn't try them but they looked available for guest use.

Yes, they are available for guest use, but the guest must have a VOOM package to use them.

Yes, they are available for guest use, but the guest must have a VOOM package to use them.

Good to know. I had spotty connection with my Voom package and thought for the amount I really needed to use it I could have just checked in by email once per day from the library. I don't know why I would think that was free lol. At one point with my difficulty, my phone connected to Cellular at Sea. In hindsight, I'm not sure if there is a way to block all calls and texts except from kids/parents for emergencies but that would have been cheaper. I think it was 10 cents per text.

We're just off the Anthem and posted the following on another thread:

Voom not so vroom

So,,,, they may get high apparent internet speeds using cache servers with smart pre-fetching of pages, but for the advertised "streaming" and uploading of pictures, the system was miserable. We were unable to conduct Skype or FaceTime audio calls without significant dropouts.

I think that it is partly that the ship continues to sell packages, when they are clearly oversubscribed. And as more and more people are on the system, performance goes to unusable.

0c148da662b347c3449fda83c6e9e4b8.jpg

Hi! We are booked on the November 11th sailing of the anthem of the seas and I was wondering if any of you had the prices for the internet cafe on board. Not the voom but the per minute internet with the computers on board.

Its the first time we'll be leaving our 2 girls (9 months and 2 years old at the time of sailing) And I'm already nervous. It will be our first cruise and travel in 4 years, we have been saving for this so the voom is not really in our budget. I just need to check with my mom that everything is ok on the 3 sea days to put my mind at ease and enjoy my vacation(I will find local wifi for the port days)

Thanks for your answers!

Did you check with your cell phone provider to see if they offer a cruise text/phone package while at sea ?

• 4 years later...
6 minutes ago, DonnaMarieNJ said:

Are there still computers in the library now?  I have the package - just never found the library and/or internet cafe on my last sailing ....  probably closed due to covid ....

I didn't check during my last cruise on Anthem but I previously saw computers on the second floor of 270, port side .

• Like 1