Half Moon Cay - Cabanas & Butler Packages?

POA1

This isn't urgent, but if anyone has information that's from 2017, and you can help a brother out...

I'm looking for the cost of the HMC cabanas with and without the butler add on. I'm most interested in the standard 4 person cabanas, but if you have information on the bigger ones, that would be great too.

I've got a live from on NCL's Escape in a week and I didn't save my cabana pricing information from last December.

I promise to compare the wine and cocktails and will report back. (Because I'm seriously curious as to why NCL's espresso martini is $17.95 + 18% service charge, while HAL's is $7.95 + 15% service. I'm guessing that the ice cubes are made from unicorn tears or something.)

Should be $285 for the cabana, $240 for the Butler upgrade, or very close. Worth every penny. The only issue seems to be what the individual Bar Managers allow to be served on the island as part of the Butler upgrade. In our case, the Beverage Manager decided that champagne was not available. We had a long go around through the Neptune Concierge and Hotel Manager on KDAM, to get champagne. We got champagne, but were informed we wouldn't in the future.

This is for the standard cabanas. We have never been in the Villas.

Should be $285 for the cabana, $240 for the Butler upgrade, or very close. Worth every penny. The only issue seems to be what the individual Bar Managers allow to be served on the island as part of the Butler upgrade. In our case, the Beverage Manager decided that champagne was not available. We had a long go around through the Neptune Concierge and Hotel Manager on KDAM, to get champagne. We got champagne, but were informed we wouldn't in the future.

This is for the standard cabanas. We have never been in the Villas.

Thanks Bruce!

This isn't urgent, but if anyone has information that's from 2017, and you can help a brother out...

I'm looking for the cost of the HMC cabanas with and without the butler add on. I'm most interested in the standard 4 person cabanas, but if you have information on the bigger ones, that would be great too.

HMC Cabana Price List:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Half-Moon-Cay-Cabanas-Price-List.pdf

I've got a standard 4-person cabana booked for my upcoming November cruise, with the butler upgrade. It cost me $300USD for the cabana, plus $270USD for the butler upgrade. We're just two persons, and I doubt I will need to add extra person surcharges.

I've done it before and it was quite enjoyable. I got a good deal on my stateroom so I figured why not splurge on the last day. It also adds two cruise days for Mariner status. I don't do it every cruise mind you.

I guess they raised the price a bit, as people above quoted lower prices from their previous cruises.

You may also like the Villas. They are a bit more expensive, but they are two story, and have a hot tub and bathroom with shower on the lower level. They too come with Butler service. My family always used to get the cabanas, but when we found the Villas with a bathroom attached, we have never gone back to the cabanas.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

One follow up question. It's been years since we added the butler package to our HMC cabana. Way back then, service was done by a Pinnacle Grill waiter and you got beer, soda, bottled water, a 3 course lunch from the PG, and the "watermelon whale." You also received chips and salsa, but I think they were part of the cabana base package.

What does the butler package consist of nowadays?

Thanks again.

Pretty much the same. Tons of food for a couple, more appropriate amount for 4 people. The food is excellent. Still done by a Pinnacle waiter or waitress. Not sure what the "watermelon whale" is.

On Konningsdam, the cabanas are supervised by the Sal de Mer supervisor, Jonathon on our cruise. Great work, the food is still provided by Pinnacle.

We have had a cabana 8 times over the last 15 years...never had that.

I know we had it in 2003 and 2004 on the Zuiderdam and Oosterdam respectively. Perhaps they were put on the endangered species list? They were in the cabana when you first got to the island, along with the chips, salsa and guacamole.

I know we had it in 2003 and 2004 on the Zuiderdam and Oosterdam respectively. Perhaps they were put on the endangered species list? They were in the cabana when you first got to the island, along with the chips, salsa and guacamole.

We have received platters of sliced fruit.

A variation by ship, I guess.

It is a specific menu from the Pinnacle for the cabanas. Essentially two appetizers (you get both, a giant shrimp dish was one this year, I think the other was a cold soup of sorts), a choice of main courses (has included Filet Mignon, more recently it has included a lobster/crab salad sandwich type thing- excellent!), and desert.

So really, you are only choosing the main course. Serving size per person is pretty huge.