Captain's Circle Question

LB Cruiser

Does Princess extend Captain's Circle membership to a spouse? I am a Platinum member and my future husband is a new Princess cruiser. Will he also be considered platinum on our next cruise? I know that Royal Caribbean and Celebrity do this for their guests and I am wondering if Princess does this as well.

Some platinum benefits are shared with your cabinmate; others are not. For example, your cabinmate can use priority boarding with you and can go to the Platinum/Elite/Suite reception. However you receive only one Internet benefit as Platinum; your non-Platinum cabinmate does not receive any free Internet minutes (although you can share yours if you wish).

These benefits are generally shared with the person sharing your cabin - not with your spouse if he or she is in a different cabin.:)

Some Elite benefits are also shared with a non-Elite cabinmate, and some are not. You only get one Elite mini-bar setup even if there are two Elites in the cabin, so the non-Elite can share that setup. I don't think anyone minds if you put your cabinmates laundry in the laundry bag with your name on it for the free Elite laundry, although you should not use the free Elite laundry for your family and friends in other cabins. But the cabinmate of an Elite cannot go to the wine tasting without paying for it.

Another thing that is shared with your cabinmate is an invitation to the Most Traveled meal or party. If one of you is invited as one of the most traveled, then your cabinmate is invited with you. Although it is generally called the Top 40 party, it's not really for the Top 40. It's for the Top 20 cabins (or a few more if some of those are traveling as singles). A first time cruiser with a Blue Card would be invited to the "Top 40" party if traveling with one of the most traveled passengers.

If you have any questions onboard about what is appropriate (in order to let your spouse take advantage of our appropriate benefits without abusing any), then ask the Captain's Circle representative what is appropriate. Generally, she or he will tell you to bring your spouse along.

I cruised with my brother who was Ruby when I was Elite, so I've seen which things applied and which ones did not. However, there will be some differences from ship to ship - I don't think it is all written down clearly in policy.