Not a good royal Caribbean experience and our cruise has not started yet...

Don't waste your time with the haters. They are already convinced they are right and you're awful and no amount of explaining will change their mind. The gist of what I got from your post was that things had not worked out as well as they could have under optimal circumstances, yet you took a shot and asked if they would help you out, believing in the old saying, "it never hurts to ask". And it doesn't. And nobody should have spoken rudely to you nor denied you a qualifying cabin change. You got a rude loser on the phone who was probably having a bad day and wanted to take it out on someone, much like so many hate filled individuals here. Make the call, change the cabin, and don't bother responding to people who just want to insult you for sport.

Thank you soo much. Thats exactly what I needed. They really decided that I was wrong and I dont think I could change their mind. And most to read the further explanation I gave and stick to thr original post.

I actually called back and was able to change the cabin for the same category (like I asked this morning) They dont know why the person I spoke this morning didnt want to do it and felt annoyed.

I prefer continuing my day after reading your post. So Ill just brush it off and Im sure Ill have a nice vacation. I hope to meet cruisers like you on this cruise.

Off to the park with the kids :)

I actually called back and was able to change the cabin for the same category (like I asked this morning) They dont know why the person I spoke this morning didnt want to do it and felt annoyed.

Lesson a lot of us have earned over the years....when RCI doesn't give you the answer you like, or it doesn't make sense, hang up and call again. ;)

There is a big difference between "nastiness" and just not coddling somebody. While there were a few comments bordering on nastiness, most just were going off what was posted. If somebody posts an emotional rant about how a company should make special rules for them because they do not know (or don't want to follow) the rules in place that they are supposed to know as a TA, and then complain that RCI is against her for having a baby, then that is what will be responded to. I don't coddle my kids, and won't coddle a random stranger online.

I believe that people should make their own decisions, and take the consequences that come with those choices.

This 100%. I have asked for things and have been told no, but I have never had a rude response.

OP, I hope you have a lovely cruise.

Hang on a minute.

You tried 3 Times requesting Royal break the rules for you and then in your original post you said more or less you were angry.

1. Asked for TA rate when you didn’t qualify.

2. Asked for a new posted rate after final payment.

3. Asked for cabin upgrade after final payment.

And yes, a good TA should have known the answers.

Your request to move your cabin to like cabin category should have been honored if cabins in that cat were available. Did you try to move in same category?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lol just as well she wasn't D+ wanting to get into the SL.lol

Thank you soo much. Thats exactly what I needed. They really decided that I was wrong and I dont think I could change their mind. And most to read the further explanation I gave and stick to thr original post.

I prefer continuing my day after reading your post. So Ill just brush it off and Im sure Ill have a nice vacation. I hope to meet cruisers like you on this cruise.

That’s great. Glad you could move your cabin. Now enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just like i said,first agent was useless so try another one.

Well done for getting a cabin change.

Much of your life situation sounds like mine. I work from home as a TA. I had a baby 9 months ago. and so on. However, you said you're not new to being a TA. So you have to understand that a company who hasn't gotten much business from you lately, isn't going to hand out a discounted cruise just because. It doesnt matter if its a cruise line or resort or hotel. When you work as an independent contractor (most TAs are) there is no such thing as Maternity Leave. Silly me was adjusting a client's reservation from the hospital the day after I had my son. However, thats the choice I made. I am not insinuating you need to make the same decisions. However, if you're expecting to get something from a travel vendor, you need to expect that you've given them something recently.

Many of the things you said make you come off as uninformed. People use travel agents because they are supposed to be knowledgeable on the destination. So when they read something like this it makes them think otherwise. Further along in this thread I finally read that you don't book cruises often, so that gave me a little more perspective on why you might not know the rules of the game.

I feel badly that people have attacked you in a mean way. But perhaps in the future, leave off the TA part. Or let us know, from the beginning, that you don't book cruises and AI's are a major portion of your model. Sometimes it's those little details that will prevent someone from being rude.

When I post on this site I often give too much info because I fear that someone will jump in with a snide comment and then I have to come back and clarify.

good luck.

Much of your life situation sounds like mine. I work from home as a TA. I had a baby 9 months ago. and so on. However, you said you're not new to being a TA. So you have to understand that a company who hasn't gotten much business from you lately, isn't going to hand out a discounted cruise just because. It doesnt matter if its a cruise line or resort or hotel. When you work as an independent contractor (most TAs are) there is no such thing as Maternity Leave. Silly me was adjusting a client's reservation from the hospital the day after I had my son. However, thats the choice I made. I am not insinuating you need to make the same decisions. However, if you're expecting to get something from a travel vendor, you need to expect that you've given them something recently.

Many of the things you said make you come off as uninformed. People use travel agents because they are supposed to be knowledgeable on the destination. So when they read something like this it makes them think otherwise. Further along in this thread I finally read that you don't book cruises often, so that gave me a little more perspective on why you might not know the rules of the game.

I feel badly that people have attacked you in a mean way. But perhaps in the future, leave off the TA part. Or let us know, from the beginning, that you don't book cruises and AI's are a major portion of your model. Sometimes it's those little details that will prevent someone from being rude.

When I post on this site I often give too much info because I fear that someone will jump in with a snide comment and then I have to come back and clarify.

good luck.

Very good advice.