Snorkeling for non swimmers

Kk0208

hi all, I will b traveling with kids 1 yr n 6 yrs, please suggest best option for snorkeling with kids in Cozumel ? my elder knows swimming but I am a non swimmer in my family , can a non-swimmer can do snorkeling??which excursion will suit us? We are looking for beautiful blue water and white sand beach where we can do some snorkeling and relax a bit.

Thanks in advance!!!

Yes, as a non-swimmer you can book a snorkeling excursion. You will pay full price but you don't have to snorkel. My husband loves to snorkel but I cannot stand to have the mask on my face so I do not snorkel. Yet, we still both go on the snorkeling excursions. You can stay on the boat or on the beach. I do get in the water but I just float around the boat for fun. Determine what kind of snorkeling trip you might do. If the snorkel starts and stops in different places, you might have to find a way to get to the finishing point. About 2 years ago we booked a beach/snorkel excursion in Cozumel. We went to a beach club called Playa Uvas which was not far at all from the cruise port. My husband went snorkeling and i just spent time on the beach.

Yes, as a non-swimmer you can book a snorkeling excursion. You will pay full price but you don't have to snorkel. My husband loves to snorkel but I cannot stand to have the mask on my face so I do not snorkel. Yet, we still both go on the snorkeling excursions. You can stay on the boat or on the beach. I do get in the water but I just float around the boat for fun. Determine what kind of snorkeling trip you might do. If the snorkel starts and stops in different places, you might have to find a way to get to the finishing point. About 2 years ago we booked a beach/snorkel excursion in Cozumel. We went to a beach club called Playa Uvas which was not far at all from the cruise port. My husband went snorkeling and i just spent time on the beach.

Sounds great... for snorkeling do they take somewhere in middle of sea with boat or it can be done at the shore or beach itself?? I am asking because last time I went for underwater diving with my husband and got really really scared and couldn't do anything... I can just float myself so thinking if it's on shore or beach than it will be easier for me else I will have to opt out😂

I know non- or newbie snorkelers attempt to snorkel all the time from shore or from boats. Perhaps non-swimmers too. They give you a snorkel vest which can serve as a floatation device. But if you are a non-snorkeler and wan to learn, you really should go on a snorkel excursions that is geared to newbies. If you're a non-swimmer, I would strongly suggest you DO NOT attempt to snorkel even with a snorkel vest. Please take a couple of swimming lessons and at least learn preventative drowning techniques before going on your cruise.

I know non- or newbie snorkelers attempt to snorkel all the time from shore or from boats. Perhaps non-swimmers too. They give you a snorkel vest which can serve as a floatation device. But if you are a non-snorkeler and wan to learn, you really should go on a snorkel excursions that is geared to newbies. If you're a non-swimmer, I would strongly suggest you DO NOT attempt to snorkel even with a snorkel vest. Please take a couple of swimming lessons and at least learn preventative drowning techniques before going on your cruise.

I would say myself as newbie swimmer with basic floating skill, that's y I am looking some snorkeling option on the shore of beach where we can do a little snorkeling ourselves and can see fishes etc... I'm not looking for big time or mid ocean snorkeling here... any suggestions on which beach we should try?

I would not recommend snorkeling to a non swimmer. While it is rare that someone gets into trouble it happens, and I would not want to rely on anyone on a snorkel tour to rescue me. If you are going to insist on snorkeling I suggest that you do it from shore, with a life jacket, not a snorkel vest, and that you never go into water that is over your head.

I have snorkeled in Cozumel twice and I'm not a great swimmer. We went to the Chankanaab park and loved it.

The first time was with my teenage daughter who wanted to swim with the dolphins. After we did that, we walked along the beach and found out we could also snorkel on the beach. They have a smallish area and have sunk statues for you to find. It was fun. There were many colorful fish. It's done entirely on your own and you are right on the shore so you can get out whenever you want. The park also has an alligator pond, in case your kids want to just see some animals. There is also a tequila tasting area and more to the park, but I don't recall what else is there.

I've also snorkeled where they take you out on a boat and you snorkel in a group. I REALLY liked this type of snorkeling. Lifejackets are used, so I felt relatively safe. But the amount of wildlife is so much more than on the shore. The guide kept an eye on me (I was traveling solo) and the rest of the group, so I could wander a bit, but still be close to the group.

I would say myself as newbie swimmer with basic floating skill, that's y I am looking some snorkeling option on the shore of beach where we can do a little snorkeling ourselves and can see fishes etc... I'm not looking for big time or mid ocean snorkeling here... any suggestions on which beach we should try?

I'd say Money Bar - that's where we are going to visit in November. Shallow water (but no beach per se) for snorkeling.