Taxi to Cockleshell beach?

suttoncruisers

Hi

Has anyone had a taxi from the port to Cockleshell beach? I have read a wide range of prices from $7 to $28!

Many thanks

Yes, we've done it. The total charge for the taxi is $28 to Cockleshell, but if there are four or more people sharing a cab, then you're only charged $7. When we went to Cockleshell, we were directed to a taxi/van and had to wait until it was full, so we were quoted the $7 each.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I were in St Kitts on October 11, 2017 and took a taxi to Reggae Beach Bar and Grill. The taxi owner/driver was Charles Thomas. Very nice and will use him again when we return to St. Kitts. email is t_charlo@yahoo.com, PH# is 1 869 465 9326 cell 1 869 662 6239.

the cost was 42.00 for round trip, due to being just my wife and I, so the more the cheaper.

• 2 months later...
Is Cockleshell a public beach? How much does it cost?

It's a public beach, no charge with a bar there too. When we were there in late November they charge $5 pp if you want a lounge chair. Like the other person said bring water shoes. We brought our own snorkel gear as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

These taxi prices are for one way - is it easy to get a taxi back - or do they wait for you ??

Anyone with recent experience ?

We were going to book the Cruise tour to take us there but it is $49 each to drop off at the beach and return ..Tour time 3.5hr

These taxi prices are for one way - is it easy to get a taxi back - or do they wait for you ??

Anyone with recent experience ?

We were going to book the Cruise tour to take us there but it is $49 each to drop off at the beach and return ..Tour time 3.5hr

We were there in December-we had a taxi van with about 7-8 people in it. Agreed on a time for the taxi to come back and pick us up. However one person left early and I think asked the bar to phone a taxi for her but not positive. Sorry can’t be more help.

If you can find another couple to go with you and agree on when to come back the taxi will return.

And the entry to beach was very rocky.