Leaving luggage prior to embarkation

Rodbarry

Arriving at San Pedro cruise port around 9.30am Sat Oct 7th for Ruby princess cruise....is there a place to leave luggage prior to embarkation (we are elite guests) or not till later when check in starts?

You can check by that time if terminal workers are ready to accept luggages for loading. They usually start ahead of check-in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you..what do you mean "you can check by that time" ...do you mean just arrive and see if the are working yet?

Maybe you should clarify if you also mean any carry-on bags? You would have to give those to the porters as well if you wanted to be free of bags to do something else.

I realize this is about San Pedro, but there are certainly porters available at Port Everglades that early.

Maybe you should clarify if you also mean any carry-on bags? You would have to give those to the porters as well if you wanted to be free of bags to do something else.

I realize this is about San Pedro, but there are certainly porters available at Port Everglades that early.

No just checked bags, we'll keep our carry on with us

I usually arrive between 10-10:30 and there are lots of porters to welcome you. Any time earlier and I would be concerned about luggage getting mixed up with disembarking passengers. Their first priority is to "assist" those leaving with their luggage. That area does not normally clear out until 10 ish. You will be fighting with cars trying to pick up passengers (I normally have people pick me up around 10...)

Can it be done. Yes. Would I try it as early as 9:30...no. Often times, the door "guards" won't even let you in before 10-10:30.

I usually arrive between 10-10:30 and there are lots of porters to welcome you. Any time earlier and I would be concerned about luggage getting mixed up with disembarking passengers. Their first priority is to "assist" those leaving with their luggage. That area does not normally clear out until 10 ish. You will be fighting with cars trying to pick up passengers (I normally have people pick me up around 10...)

Can it be done. Yes. Would I try it as early as 9:30...no. Often times, the door "guards" won't even let you in before 10-10:30.

Thank you, good advice we'll aim to get there around 10

We just came off of the Island Princess on 9/23/17 at around 9:00 am and the Porter's where already taking luggage for the ships next cruise as people were arriving early and well before the check in time.

Happy Trails

:whiskey-glass:

I agree. On the cruises I have done in San Predro,I have always seen porters accepting bags and when we have gotten off the ship around 9am.

We just came off of the Island Princess on 9/23/17 at around 9:00 am and the Porter's where already taking luggage for the ships next cruise as people were arriving early and well before the check in time.

Happy Trails

:whiskey-glass:

Great thank you