Orlando to Port Canaveral?!

MalloryRB

How do you guys get from the airport in Orlando to Port Canaveral? We are looking at booking our first cruise and trying to decide if we should book out of Miami or Port Canaveral. It seems the better cruise options are out of PC, but we are stumped on an affordable way to get from MCO (Orlando Airport) to PC. Is there a bus (Norwegian Cruise Lines) like Disney has? Is there a vanpool? Uber? What does everyone else do?!

THANKS!

How do you guys get from the airport in Orlando to Port Canaveral? We are looking at booking our first cruise and trying to decide if we should book out of Miami or Port Canaveral. It seems the better cruise options are out of PC, but we are stumped on an affordable way to get from MCO (Orlando Airport) to PC. Is there a bus (Norwegian Cruise Lines) like Disney has? Is there a vanpool? Uber? What does everyone else do?!

THANKS!

Shuttles and one-way rental cars are popular. There are several rental agencies near the port that have free shuttles to the cruise terminals.

Cortrans shuttle is $20 pp.

for MCO to PC transportation, all the cruise lines offer transfers but this tends to be fairly expensive. Cruise transfers are only offered day of departure and day of return. More on this one later .....

A taxi will run $120 or so and UberX $50 last time I ran the numbers

There are many independent shuttle companies like the one mentioned 'Cortrans' ... see also CBShuttle.com and http://www.melbourneairporttransport.com/

No one has yet recommended against 'day of' travel. It is a REAL bummer to have some sort of airline issue cause you to miss your cruise. Many seasoned cruisers recommend flying the DAY BEFORE and spending the night in a hotel near the departure point. This gives a travel time cushion ..... If you choose to do this the cruise transfer is not an option if you want a hotel at the port/beach. Most independent shuttles, and of course taxi/UBER are still viable. And many will rent a car....

With a little wise shopping, a one way rental from MCO to the port / Cocoa Beach area can be had for under $50. Rental companies with offices in or near the port: Enterprise, Alamo, National, Payless, Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, Dollar, Avis ... all run shuttles from their office to the ships. An advantage of a rental if you travel day b4 is the ability to find someplace to eat without restriction of hotel location, and ability to run to the store for any last minute items.

If you rent for MCO to the port on arrival side, you can still book a transfer from cruise line, or other, for the trip BACK to the airport .....

hope this helps rather than adding cornfusion!

I am cruising out of PC and booked transportation with Cortrans. In the past, I have used Carnival's transfer services, but this other service is HALF the price. We are flying in the night before embarkation, and Cortrans is able to pick us up right from our hotel.

Ok. So maybe I will uber from port to Disney. I want to get the as fast as possible. Does uber have a designated pick up spot at the port? I'm not an uber person so I'm not sure how to do it.

They will tell you where to be for pick up. I know at Terminal 1, they wanted us near Grills.