Gluten free in Canaletto?

bjarrett7

Does anyone have experience eating gluten free in Canaletto? I know they serve a lot of pasta! But we’re thinking about purchasing a dining package which would include Canaletto. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check the risotto. My friend with Celiac does risotto all the time. I turned her on to it over in Vernazza - Vulnetia has an excellent risotto di mare. I have not eaten at Canaletto, so can't speak to the exact menu. Beware the "gluten free" pasta anywhere! If you have GF pasta at home, you already know what brands are good and what brands are terrible. You could forego the pasta and head to the meat/fish and veggies.

Does anyone have experience eating gluten free in Canaletto? I know they serve a lot of pasta! But we’re thinking about purchasing a dining package which would include Canaletto. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here is the menu to help in your choices and rest assured that the chefs are more than accommodating in adjusting their recipes for gluten-free:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Canaletto.pdf

Yes they will provide Gluten free pasta in Canaletto.

Just because they will provide DF pasta, does not mean they offer one of the good DF pastas. There are some really bad ones out there. My friend uses the products from Bionature (not sure of the spelling) and Delallo. Some of the stuff cooks up really gummy or grainy. Nothing like going to a restaurant and ordering GF pasta and getting a plate of yuck... That's why she stays away from GF pasta when she dines out.

Just because they will provide DF pasta, does not mean they offer one of the good DF pastas. There are some really bad ones out there. My friend uses the products from Bionature (not sure of the spelling) and Delallo. Some of the stuff cooks up really gummy or grainy. Nothing like going to a restaurant and ordering GF pasta and getting a plate of yuck... That's why she stays away from GF pasta when she dines out.

Pardon my ignorance but what is "DF pasta"? And how does it compare with GF pasta? Thanks.

<snip> I have not eaten at Canaletto, so can't speak to the exact menu. Beware the "gluten free" pasta anywhere! If you have GF pasta at home, you already know what brands are good and what brands are terrible. You could forego the pasta and head to the meat/fish and veggies.

I think the OP is looking for experiences from people who have dined in the Canaletto. One of my dining companions was gluten intolerant and very pleased with the Canaletto offerings.

We didn't ask what kind of pasta it was but it was cooked especially for her and she was very pleased with it.