Guarantee Room Type Changed

karnze

I booked an Allure cruise for this december earlier this week. When Booking the room I booked a balcony guarantee room, my room assignment said Neighborhood Balcony guarantee or something along those lines. Now when checking my room type says: Ocean view accessible guarantee. Has anyone had any experience with the room type changing? Just wondering if it will magically be fixed or if I need to call Royal and ask questions? The other issue is, I never got an email confirmation when booking the cruise, so I don't have proof of what I booked :( We also have 3 of us in the room counting my three year old son. Could that be why royal changed this on me?

Thanks!

Looks like an error has occurred. IMO at the time when you made the booking.

I have previously had a problem where we made a booking online but not received any email confirmation. Had to chase.

These days I avoid booking online via the RCL website because of this reason. My advice would be to call RCL. Hopefully you will be able to get this sorted.

This is very normal and a well know glitch in Royal Caribbean's IT system. There are numerous other threads about this. You will find it will change backwards and forwards until a cabin is assigned.

Thank you! I should have known it was Royal's infamous IT Department. I won't lose anymore sleep over it

Yep. I had this same glitch. Changed to Oceanview Accessible Guarantee (I don't think there's even such a guarantee category, is there ?)...but soon changed back. Perplexing. Still not assigned, BTW.

Me too!! Exact same situation. Also no cabin assignment. Leaving in 2 weeks.:eek:

Me too!! Exact same situation. Also no cabin assignment. Leaving in 2 weeks.:eek:

Ooh they are cutting it close huh. Just curious is it on Allure as well or another ship? My booking is December 10th Allure.

Ooh they are cutting it close huh. Just curious is it on Allure as well or another ship? My booking is December 10th Allure.

It is on the Allure. And the site shows balconies sold out!!

I just hope I do not get to the port and there are no cabins left. :loudcry::loudcry:

It is on the Allure. And the site shows balconies sold out!!

I just hope I do not get to the port and there are no cabins left. :loudcry::loudcry:

Yeah, I don't like the unsure feeling of not knowing what room. It has to be tough in your situation when the cruise is so close! Keep us updated, I'm curious on when your room will be assigned!

Yeah, I don't like the unsure feeling of not knowing what room. It has to be tough in your situation when the cruise is so close! Keep us updated, I'm curious on when your room will be assigned!

I will let you know Braden. It is a good thing I live 30 minutes away from the port..:cool: it may be assigned at the port. Do I carry on my luggage???

As others have said, this is likely a glitch that will be fixed. However, if it wasn't and you ended up in an accessible ocean view balcony, it is a nice upgrade from what you had booked. First, you now have an ocean view instead of looking at the inside of the ship. Second, the accessible cabins are twice the size of regular cabins. You would have a lot of extra space for the little one.

My cabin was just Assigned! It is a Boardwalk Balcony aft, very close to the aqua theater. Great Location! I am happy and relieved.

My cabin was just Assigned! It is a Boardwalk Balcony aft, very close to the aqua theater. Great Location! I am happy and relieved.

They just had to keep you worrying - that's exciting! Sounds like a great room, have fun!

That's great!! Congrats!!

I am still waiting for my 11/26 assignment. :o

Thank you. Hope you get a good one.

I booked my cruise over a month ago and checked my reservation so many times.:) It was actually the best location I have ever received on a guarantee.

I booked an Allure cruise for this december earlier this week. When Booking the room I booked a balcony guarantee room, my room assignment said Neighborhood Balcony guarantee or something along those lines. Now when checking my room type says: Ocean view accessible guarantee. Has anyone had any experience with the room type changing? Just wondering if it will magically be fixed or if I need to call Royal and ask questions? The other issue is, I never got an email confirmation when booking the cruise, so I don't have proof of what I booked :( We also have 3 of us in the room counting my three year old son. Could that be why royal changed this on me?

Thanks!

Happened to me just yesterday. Did go back to gty balcony though. I did call to make sure it will be a balcony, they said yes. Still waiting for my assignment. It’s been three days now and it shows balconies all booked up.

Gwen [emoji3]