Why did they take my fan away

hollon

Is it a new rule that we can no longer bring fans on rccl ships. I always bring my small fan, the same one, and when i was on the harmony last week, there were many of us who had our fans taken away. they did bring me one thank goodness. Just wondering

Is it a new rule that we can no longer bring fans on rccl ships. I always bring my small fan, the same one, and when i was on the harmony last week, there were many of us who had our fans taken away. they did bring me one thank goodness. Just wondering

I am sure they don't have the time or the staff to check every electrical appliance brought onboard for safety compliance and so err on the side of caution..

If the cord is an issue, perhaps this battery operated one could be a suitable substitute. It's the O2COOL 5 inch battery operated clip fan.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/O2COOL-5-Inch-Battery-Operated-Clip-Fan/171699263?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=3005&adid=22222222228037184954&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=58894520498&wl4=pla-91890824498&wl5=9027807&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113146015&wl11=online&wl12=171699263&wl13=&veh=sem

I used this fan at my desk and it has a great air flow. And the clip is VERY strong. It doesn't budge!

Also, there's an app called Relax and Sleep that has loads of white noise, ambient noise, and nature sounds. Every thing from air conditioning to monks chanting:').

I have been on several cruises with my fan, our bedroom at home stays around 68 degrees during the summer and even cooler during the night. The wife even prefers it cooler because she has found out that she sleeps better. We have both found that in order for the cabin to be comfortable for us we need a fan. Next cruise is in 77 days and we both hope that the fan makes it through security again!

Another inconsistent policy. Sometimes they take them away, sometimes not. They are concerned about fire hazard with almost anything that has a power cord.

" ... almost anything that has a power cord."

Including a CPAP? I'd imagine not, but thought I'd throw that out to the group.

Michael

I HIGHLY doubt that they would touch the CPAP, that is a medical device prescribed by a Dr. I am pretty sure that even a lawyer that couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag would be able to win that lawsuit in court. I would not think that they would confiscate that at all, if they did once it was explained that it was a medical device I am pretty sure that they would hand it right back rather quickly.

" ... almost anything that has a power cord."

Including a CPAP? I'd imagine not, but thought I'd throw that out to the group.

Michael

Just don't bring your own extension cord. A medical apparatus isn't a fair comparison to consumer electrics.

I HIGHLY doubt that they would touch the CPAP, that is a medical device prescribed by a Dr. I am pretty sure that even a lawyer that couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag would be able to win that lawsuit in court. I would not think that they would confiscate that at all, if they did once it was explained that it was a medical device I am pretty sure that they would hand it right back rather quickly.

That's what I thought as well, but who knows ... I might be the one person who comes across someone at check-in who enjoys picking nits.

Michael