Port Docking Time - Singapore

Folitician

Hello Fellow Cruisers...

I am planning a cruise in February on Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas. The cruise is scheduled to dock at 08:00 on the 15th Feb. I have an opportunity to catch a 09:45 flight back to the UK. However, the arrival time is tight and I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the ship docking earlier. This is not uncommon at other ports and an early disembarkation could make this flight a possibility.

Any views or comments would be greatly appreciate (and will save me a few £££ or a long wait at the airport until closer to midnight).

Looks like it’s too tight considering that docking does not mean actual disembarkation time. You also won’t have allowance for possible delays.

You can also post on the Asia Port of Call for other opinion.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?70https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?70

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello Fellow Cruisers...

I am planning a cruise in February on Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas. The cruise is scheduled to dock at 08:00 on the 15th Feb. I have an opportunity to catch a 09:45 flight back to the UK. However, the arrival time is tight and I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the ship docking earlier. This is not uncommon at other ports and an early disembarkation could make this flight a possibility.

Any views or comments would be greatly appreciate (and will save me a few £££ or a long wait at the airport until closer to midnight).

Even if you were off the ship by 8am how far away is the airport for travel time. Then you have to check in, usually lines. Doesn't Singapore also have security lines? Then you have your walk to the boarding area.

I don't see how it is doable at all, even under the best of circumstances.

I agree with sailing canary about the timing etc. We regularly fly NZ to Europe via Singapore and I have to say Changi is a fantastic airport if you have a long layover. Just go on their website and have a look - you can go for a swim, see a movie - all sorts of things. They also do a free coach tour of the city if your timings allow it. There's a transit hotel after security, where you can book blocks of 6 hours and have a bit of a snooze if you want.

Hello Fellow Cruisers...

The Singapore Airport (fantastic airport!) is quite a distance from the port. I would put money on you missing your flight if you attempted your proposed schedule. Sorry.

Honestly I don't believe 8:00 AM. You will probably dock earlier if the cruise ends and the next one begins there.

With that said, Singapore is very (very is not an exaggeration) strict and having sailed there many times I will tell you that it can take a long time for the ship to be cleared and for the passengers to go through port immigration. I think that you will start disembarkation then. Either way not early enough to get to the airport and to check in for the flight so I would either get a later flight or spend the night in Singapore and fly home the following days.

Keith