MSC Meraviglia: [emoji324]My Solo birthday adventure! [emoji324]

Bra_BE2014

Bea, meant to ask before but kept forgetting!

Did you see any Coke products on your Magnifica sailing?

Only saw Pepsi on the Meraviglia, wondering if the switch is fleet wide?

It was Pepsi on Magnifica, too, Priscila. It's been Pepsi for some time, now.

I think they have Coke on Divina.

Tell me more about the behind the scenes tour. Cost?

Because they have new passengers on at every port, do they offer the behind the scenes tour multiple times during the week? Thanks

Just noticed I missed your question, sorry! :eek:

They only offer the behind the scene tour on the sea day.

Cheers,

Priscila

How was your cruise? If I remember correctly you were going to sail the week after I did?

Hope you had fun!! :*

Hi there,

yes we had a lot of fun. I just finished writing my review.

It was a wonderful trip, so sad that it is over already!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
During the bus tour, the guide recommended to have a ‘granita’, which is a type of icey ice cream, if that makes sense.

So I used my free time to sample a chocolate and almond granita accompanied by a brioche

3b8f2d4dc1175231b8acaa8ab5c365cb.jpg

The highlight of the tour was at 12’ o clock when the tower was supposed to put on a show!

The tower had some golden statues and the lion was supposed to roar, the rooster would sing (Whatever the word is for what they do, lol) and then the song ‘Ave Maria’ would play while the golden statues moved.

I recorded some of it, but its not letting me upload it with the app, I’ll try from home!

It was beautiful and I’m so happy I could see it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This brings back fond memories of the homestead that I did in Sicily in 2015. Every morning, we had almond granita and brioche to start the day. I have not had good granita since then. Reading this made me very happy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just finished your review, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I will be cruising this itinerary on the Seaview in July, and I could not be more excited.

You seem to be well versed on these Mediterranean ports. We are struggling with planning our days in Genoa and Naples. Like you did, we have a very late arrival in Naples, so we planned on just winging that day around the city, and seeing whatever we could around the cruise ship. We wanted to see a picturesque Italian fishing village when docked in Genoa, such as Nervi, Camogli, or Portofino. However, Portofino seems to be not worth it based on reviews, and I am not finding too much information about good tours to Nervi or Camogli, or how to get there on your own. So, we have started to consider just a day in Genoa, and then do a day trip to Capri or Sorrento when docked in Naples. What is your recommendation? I am taking my grandmother, and it is her first trip to Europe, so I want to make it memorable. I also acknowledge her age and health and do not want to strain her too much, as we do have a very port-intensive cruise, and have pre-cruise stays in Paris and Barcelona as well. What would you recommend we do about this?

Thank you again for your amazing review, you helped me so much!

I just finished your review, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I will be cruising this itinerary on the Seaview in July, and I could not be more excited.

You seem to be well versed on these Mediterranean ports. We are struggling with planning our days in Genoa and Naples. Like you did, we have a very late arrival in Naples, so we planned on just winging that day around the city, and seeing whatever we could around the cruise ship. We wanted to see a picturesque Italian fishing village when docked in Genoa, such as Nervi, Camogli, or Portofino. However, Portofino seems to be not worth it based on reviews, and I am not finding too much information about good tours to Nervi or Camogli, or how to get there on your own. So, we have started to consider just a day in Genoa, and then do a day trip to Capri or Sorrento when docked in Naples. What is your recommendation? I am taking my grandmother, and it is her first trip to Europe, so I want to make it memorable. I also acknowledge her age and health and do not want to strain her too much, as we do have a very port-intensive cruise, and have pre-cruise stays in Paris and Barcelona as well. What would you recommend we do about this?

Thank you again for your amazing review, you helped me so much!

Hi, I'm so glad you found the review useful!

Regarding the ports, I tend to use msc excursions, it makes me feel safer as I travel alone. They do a great job in offering different kinds of excursions, from laid back to adventure, so if you decide to go that route, keep an eye out for the description of how much walking and/or physical effort is required - the ones described as 1 and 2 are the lightest ones.

Port wise, In my humble opinion, Portofino is a bit overrated: yes, it is pretty, but it is also tiny, meaning it will be super crowded with hundreds of people from the ship, which I hate. Unless you're going in the low season, then it should be a bit better.

Have a great time!

Cheers,

Priscila

Hi, I'm so glad you found the review useful!

Regarding the ports, I tend to use msc excursions, it makes me feel safer as I travel alone. They do a great job in offering different kinds of excursions, from laid back to adventure, so if you decide to go that route, keep an eye out for the description of how much walking and/or physical effort is required - the ones described as 1 and 2 are the lightest ones.

Port wise, In my humble opinion, Portofino is a bit overrated: yes, it is pretty, but it is also tiny, meaning it will be super crowded with hundreds of people from the ship, which I hate. Unless you're going in the low season, then it should be a bit better.

Have a great time!

Cheers,

Priscila

Thank you! We have a $400USD on board credit so we might as well just put it towards excursions!