Passenger Demographics for Itinerary/Ships

We've noticed very very few kids on all our September cruises (Caribbean, Hawaii, Alaska x2, and Pacific Coastal), mostly international folks and maybe some with home-schooled kids. I'm guessing folks don't want to pull their kids out right after school starts. Our anniversary is then, so we have tended to cruise then (only deviating when we wanted to do Alaska in May instead). Prices are usually pretty good that time of year too.

Alaska and Pacific Coastal had mainly older folks. Caribbean and Hawaii had a decent mix.

My boyfriend and i (both 23 & British) are on the Symphony on 13th May. Trying to convince him that it wont be a floating retirement home. Its his first cruise so i don't want to put him off!!!

I have only ever cruised in British school holidays, so only know cruise ships to be full of families. Only difference was my P&O 7 night last May round Spain and France (lots of oldies and middle age ladies), and my 2 week Caribbean on Celebrity Eclipse in march/April 2013. So many mobility scooters. Figured it was because it was out of US school holidays. There were under 50 under 18's registered in the kids club on a 3000+ ship!

have a great time!!

please let us know how it was...

DD and her husband (30 years old - so not quite ready for the retirement home) will be on board the symphony in july...

Would there be any demographic information for the cruise ships? Trying to determine the best itinerary for our next trip. i know depending on the time of year could change things up.

My first cruise was on a Cunard ship .The average age of passengers was about 65 ,I was in my 20's.:)

My wife and I haven't found demographics to have any impact on our cruises. We have enjoyed each one and look forward to exploring the world by cruise ship for many years to come.

Cruising is a great way to travel. Happy sailing!

Not many children/teens until early March (spring breaks begin then and usually run until mid April). A little break from mid April to late May, then heavy kiddage demographically until mid August. I would say usually you can bet on the more expensive cruise having more kids, yes? More demand?