Passenger Demographics for Itinerary/Ships

LOL.....we were on Freedom during the summer and my young adult children loved it. Chose the Oasis for Fall Break...didn't love as much. Not because of the ship but rather didn't find it as easy to meet people whether it was due to an older crowd or just the bigger ship I am not sure.

You would be better off to ask...We are looking to cruise with this demographic, any recommendations on sailings???

If you are looking for drunk 20 somethings- spring break caribbean

60-70 average age- Alaska

Middle age and honeymooners- Hawaii.

Generally speaking, the longer the sailing, the fewer kids onboard.

This is my experience. My two Explorer sailings were 8 and 9 nights and I definitely noticed that I was in the minority age wise. For the 8 night sailing, my dinner mates were two couples that have been together for more than 50 years :)

You would be better off to ask...We are looking to cruise with this demographic, any recommendations on sailings???

If you are looking for drunk 20 somethings- spring break caribbean

60-70 average age- Alaska

Middle age and honeymooners- Hawaii.

Oh goodness, my 19 year old wants to go to Alaska. Certainly not looking for sloppy drunks but they do love meeting new people their age from all parts of the world. So the perfect cruise would have a good mix of all ages....that are not puking on the pool deck from previous nights activities.

Oh goodness, my 19 year old wants to go to Alaska. Certainly not looking for sloppy drunks but they do love meeting new people their age from all parts of the world. So the perfect cruise would have a good mix of all ages....that are not puking on the pool deck from previous nights activities.

On our Alaska cruise, there were a few young people, but the vast majority were of the older variety.

We were 27-28 on our Alaska cruise. It was kinda nice to be in bed by 10pm.

There were a few other younger couples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have done Alaska twice with DD when she was around 8 and again at around 14. She loved both cruises. There won't be as many younger people but they do still exist!

If you want to avoid school aged children take a repositioning cruise or a coast to coast Panama Canal cruise during school time. On our April/May Tampa to Vancouver cruise there were less than 10 children on a 2000 pax full ship.

I suspect the demographics vary considerably depending on things like the length of the cruise and time of year. It's easier for a family to cruise in the Summer, for example. The different fleets also attract different crowds.

That being said, I think Royal generally has an older clientele.

I'm in my early 40's and don't drink much. Did Brilliance out of Tampa in Dec. Wow! The ship was quite by 9:00pm. 90% of the cruisers were 60+ and so many scooters. Not complaining, but I'm 6'2 310lbs. and had a hard time walking in the hallway past them all.

Well that's thrilling to hear!! We won't even be out of the MDR by 9 pm, so you are saying we will have the ship to ourselves? Did sister ship Serenade last Thanksgiving and it wasn't that way at all.

Demographics depend on length of cruise, price of any given cruise, and itinerary. Longer cruises, to exotic locales on expensive ships will have an older clientele (for the most part) than a 3-4 day Caribbean cruise on Carnival, RCI or NCL. But, any "short" cruise on any ship/cruiseline will have it's fair share of "partiers"....

Allure/Harmony from FLL would likely attract younger crowds, along with the 3/4 day booze cruises, whilst the Radiance in Alaska and Grandeur in Baltimore probably attract an older crowd.

We go on Allure every year and have found a nice mixture of ages. We're in our 60's and Allure is our favorite ship after many cruises on smaller ships.