SDP for Dummies

Nator72

Hi. We are sailing on the Bliss in June and we picked SDP for one of our free items. Can anyone tell me how this works? I know that there are a select number of Specialty restaurants you can eat at for no charge, I'm just wondering how much you can eat? I've seen posts about people ordering a lot of different items and there being no charge at the end. We are traveling with our 12-year old son, so we will be purchasing a separate dining package for him. Is he able to order as much as he wants? We are not big eaters, but I would like to sample different things in each restaurant. I'm hoping this is possible. Thank you for any information you can give me.

In general you get one item from each menu section. Ex. At Ca gney's you would get one starter, one salad, one main course, and one dessert. 2 sides are part of the main course.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That sounds more like the terms for the platinum meal. With the SDP you can order multiple apps, sides and desserts. You are restricted to one entree though.

According to the "rules" (https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/specialty-dining-package/faq), you can have as many items as you want from the menu, but only one entree at Cagney's (steak) and Le Bistro (French cuisine). That was pretty much what we experienced on our last cruise.

But we never found that we needed more food than we got when ordering one item from each category!

Hi. We are sailing on the Bliss in June and we picked SDP for one of our free items. Can anyone tell me how this works? I know that there are a select number of Specialty restaurants you can eat at for no charge, I'm just wondering how much you can eat? I've seen posts about people ordering a lot of different items and there being no charge at the end. We are traveling with our 12-year old son, so we will be purchasing a separate dining package for him. Is he able to order as much as he wants? We are not big eaters, but I would like to sample different things in each restaurant. I'm hoping this is possible. Thank you for any information you can give me.

Unfortunately, it’s difficult to give a definitive answer, as it is down a little bit to the whims of the onboard staff as to what people can get on the SDP. That’s why we get conflicting reports on here.

We can say what should be allowed. Look at the T&Cs on the website to see what restaurants the SDP is accepted in, and any upcharges.

The only restriction referred to in the non upcharge restaurants (like Cagneys, Le Bistro etc) is that you can only have one entree. Occasionally people have reported staff trying to restrict other courses, although that doesn’t seem to be reported as much lately, if at all. People also reported being able to successfully argue the point if that did happen.

There are some restrictions on certain dishes in other restaurants, such as Ocean Blue I believe. These are stated in the T&Cs.

We were told before even ordering about limits to the sides (two different "limits" from two different servers on two different nights). However, as you see here and on another active thread from earlier today YMMV.

I was just looking through my confirmation, and it turns out that we only received the 3 Meal package for our "Free at Sea" promotion. Looks like that helps narrow down the amount of specially restaurants we will be dining at. Good thing, because my husband was wondering how we were planning to squeeze in all this dining in only a week. I know we can still eat at the others for a fee, but I really thought this promotion was for the entire length of the cruise.

I try to limit calories to 3k per day while cruising ... it never works. Dinner with an app, entree, and dessert is enough for me.

I may have a small bite of dessert. . . . . I prefer my dessert in liquid form :wine-glass:

When we had the SDP in January we ate at cagney's and la cucina. Nothing about limits was mentioned. I ended up having two 'apps', 1 Salad and 1 hot app; but we didn't order that many things, just weren't hungry enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums