Baltimore park & cruise hotel in safe neighborhood

beachgoddess

Going on a cruise next spring & wondering about hotels in a safe Baltimore area, preferably close to port. I've already checked other topics/forums on CC but little if any info.

I read that the Best Western is in a rough area, but not sure how accurate that is.

If anyone has any preferences on decent hotels they'd like to share, I'd appreciate it!

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

https://www.stayparktravel.com/cruise-port-hotel-parking OR hotelnparking.com may help find park and shuttle to port. you can leave your car for free for 2 weeks.

If you want just hotel near BWI, look for hotels in Linthicum or Elkridge.

I've stayed at Country Inn and Suites in Linthicum.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/us/country-inn-and-suites-linthicum.html

Thank you, but like I said very little info on other boards.

You haven't asked the question on the East Coast Board. There are more folks there to give you specific advice.

Just one recent example: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2492999&highlight=Baltimore

http://www.hiebaltimorehotel.com/baltimore-cruise-port

We stayed at this Holiday Inn, not high end, but very comfortable, safe and staff were great to work with. Parked out vehicle in fenced area, they shuttled us to a restaurant that night, took us to cruise port, and picked us up upon return. Very efficient, we would recommend and we would stay there again. Have a wonderful trip.

Going on a cruise next spring & wondering about hotels in a safe Baltimore area, preferably close to port. I've already checked other topics/forums on CC but little if any info.

I read that the Best Western is in a rough area, but not sure how accurate that is.

If anyone has any preferences on decent hotels they'd like to share, I'd appreciate it!

Thank you in advance!

Following input from friends in the area, we just booked Hilton Garden in Inner Harbor East area for night before our January sailing. About 15 minutes from Amtrak station and another 15 minutes from port.

We have sailed on the Pride twice, and both times have stayed at the Best Western on O’Donnell St. It’s an industrial area - commercial buildings and warehouses - right off the highway and about 15 minutes from the port.

They have a stay and sail package and you MUST call that hotel directly and ask for the front desk. If you call the 800 number, or ask for reservations, you will get their main booking site and they don’t know about the special. The price includes 1 night stay, parking for up to 2 weeks, a shuttle to the Inner Harbor, a buffet breakfast and shuttle to/from the port.

We had no issues with the area. It’s not a garden spot, but we never saw any unsavory characters hanging around. I never felt unsafe. The parking lot is well-lit and we felt fine leaving our car for the week. The hotel was clean and undergoing some renovations. The staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and the beds comfy. Breakfast was satisfactory - good coffee and do it yourself pancakes and waffles that were surprisingly good. Stay away from the sausage patties [emoji33]

The shuttle to the Inner Harbor is run by hotel employees and was very nice. Drivers were great and somewhat flexible about pick up and drop off points. We always eat dinner in the Inner Harbor (Pratt Street Ale House - good food, craft beer), so we didn’t explore the area around the hotel itself. There is a McDonald’s, but because it’s industrial it didn’t lend itself to walking around. Lots of traffic. We were there for one night. We weren’t moving in. [emoji13]

As I mentioned, we ate dinner in the Inner Harbor, then caught the shuttle back to the hotel and called it a night. The hotel does have a restaurant, bar, and comedy club (at least they did when we were last there in 2016), so you could just hang around there.

The service they use for the shuttle to the port is great. Very prompt, courteous drivers and frequent runs to and from the port. Both times they were waiting when we got off the ship.

We would stay there again without hesitation. I would recommend it to anyone, just don’t be put off by the industrial area. If you do want a garden spot, you will need to keep looking. [emoji12]

Just as a reference, we have stayed in hotels that charged $400 per night. This is NOT one of those, but it’s far removed from the worst place we’ve stayed. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for your help. Located an inexpensive hotel in a safe area. Free breakfast, shuttle, & parking.

You really have to call the hotel direct. Even though their website might offer certain amenities, you'll find out something completely different when you call.

Edited by beachgoddess
Spelling