Cross Over Cruise

I was looking at a roll call for my cruise next year on the symphony and someone mentioned a crossover here is what they said

"This is interesting! We are on the 9/2/2018 out of Barcelona. It appears they are doing crossover cruises. We just did Independence of the Seas out of Southampton and loved it."

"Yea I saw that there is a crossover in the middle of our cruise also"

Also when I did a search on the cruise we are set to leave Barcelona on August 26 on the Symphony (7 nights), they also have a cruise that leaves on the 30th (7 nights) on the Symphony as well. Maybe that is what is meant by crossover ????? Not sure

I guess it could mean you get off of one ship and get on another at the same port. Not sure. I'd ask on the roll call where you saw this mentioned.

Could it be when there are two embarkation ports during a seven day period? Didn’t the Harmony do something like that last summer....boarded in one port for seven days and four days later at a different port another group boarded for seven days....I could be imaging things😉

Could it be when there are two embarkation ports during a seven day period? Didn’t the Harmony do something like that last summer....boarded in one port for seven days and four days later at a different port another group boarded for seven days....I could be imaging things😉

Sailings in Europe do this sometimes where there's no real set home port nor turnaround day - it's like a bus where you can get on/off at any stop. The usual term for this is interporting but could be what they are talking about in that roll call thread.

We have booked a 7 day cruise on Symphony next September that will depart Rome on the 27th; it will have passengers on board from Barcelona, who will debark on the 30th, with a new group from Barcelona embarking. When the ship gets back to Rome, it will be the end of our cruise, and a port stop for those passengers going back to Barcelona. A little unusual, but it appealed to me.

I chose this itinerary in order to spend more time in Rome.

Barb