Martini tasting

RogBus101

Since the Ecstasy has the Alchemy - YES they have the tasting but if you have Cheers you can also do this for nothing by just asking the bartenders there at night. They also offer a mixology class that I've missed out on the last few times but really want to hit up when we go in November.

REALLY?????

Last time I was at an Alchemy Bar they specifically told folks with Cheers that they could NOT do the martini tasting for free.

REALLY?????

Last time I was at an Alchemy Bar they specifically told folks with Cheers that they could NOT do the martini tasting for free.

Correct - They won't do the martini tasting for free... BUT if you request each of the drinks from the tastings as full size they will make them all. Of course at different times but if you don't like it then give it back and ask for something else. All Alchemy staff that I've been with would do this. It's not the small versions but you don't have to pay for it!

So, if you have Cheers! and order a martini to "taste" but don't like it after one sip and hand it back, does it go against your 15 drink limit?

If it gets charged. Some bartenders won’t charge you for a drink you don’t like (and haven’t guzzled it down ;)).

So, if you have Cheers! and order a martini to "taste" but don't like it after one sip and hand it back, does it go against your 15 drink limit?

You still get charged or accounted for but most of the time especially at Alchemy (helps if you get to know them as well!) They will make you something new. Never order off the menu though - ask them to make you something, they'll ask your preference in liquor for the base, sweetness vs. savory and then create a drink for you. Always had good ones - my wife didn't like 2-3 over the course of the cruise and they made her something new (without counting against us - but we became friends by the end of our cruise and even friends on FB today and are seeing one of them again this Nov.)

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

You still get charged or accounted for but most of the time especially at Alchemy (helps if you get to know them as well!) They will make you something new. Never order off the menu though - ask them to make you something, they'll ask your preference in liquor for the base, sweetness vs. savory and then create a drink for you. Always had good ones - my wife didn't like 2-3 over the course of the cruise and they made her something new (without counting against us - but we became friends by the end of our cruise and even friends on FB today and are seeing one of them again this Nov.)

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

Yes, on the Valor in December my hubby stuck with his Moscow Mules but I had the bartender, Frosina (who was AWESOME), just make me up something. All I remember is that it had Elderflower liquer in it and served with a lot of berries. It was Wonderful!

• 4 weeks later...
IF the ship has the Alchemy Bar then they may not announce the martini tasting in the Fun Times but you can do it on any night. Just go to the bar and ask about it.

Just got off the Inspiration today. Went to the Alchemy Bar on our second afternoon to ask when we can do martini tasting and they said they only do it on the first night :loudcry: