Drink pkg drop

I just noticed the price for the all inclusive beverage package went down from $55 to $41 per person per day. I don't know if that's a sales price or just the new price. This is on the Navigator of the Seas for January 5, 2018.

I just noticed the price for the all inclusive beverage package went down from $55 to $41 per person per day. I don't know if that's a sales price or just the new price. This is on the Navigator of the Seas for January 5, 2018.

Yes that is a sale, the lowest I've ever gotten it was for $38. But not all ships offer that low. Grab that sale and you can always cancel and rebook if it goes lower

We are on the Symphony of the Seas out of Barcelona next September and I just priced the Deluxe Drink Package. It is $63.80 + 16.36% gratuity charge per day! That works out to $74.24 per person per day and both people in the room are required to purchase it. So for a 7 day cruise its $1039.32 for the package. Looks like we will be teetotalers on this cruise!

Edited by scottygirl
bad math

Yes that is a sale, the lowest I've ever gotten it was for $38. But not all ships offer that low. Grab that sale and you can always cancel and rebook if it goes lower

Ours also went down to $41. However, it doesn't say anything about 10% or 20% or anything off like it normally does during a sale. I booked at $41 and now I'm hoping to see that price go on sale!

We are on Brilliance Feb 2018. Deluxe Pkg was $55 & then went on sale for $48. Now the sale is over & it's $45! Just cancelled the old price & rebooked at the lower cost. Guess i will have to keep an eye on it - hate these games!

Ok, here goes, I'll share my experience with this on this thread. Was on the phone with Royal for my friend. Three way call, he's never cruised and wanted to add the drink package to his booking. He's on the same cruise as me. Jan 7, 2018 on the Liberty. Told the RC guy that he wanted to order the package for himself but not his wife. Told him she does not drink. The guy asked if it was for personal reasons, Says yes. Guys says ok. Books the package for only my friend. Very easy. One question that was it. I heard it all with my own ears. It can and is being done. No one is being forced to buy 2 packages if they don't want 2.

He did not lie. She does not drink.

Wendy if you'll notice my post above yours I explained how this is not an all must buy or none buy issue. There are exceptions and they are very receptive to selling just to one person in the cabin if the other person meets one of the exceptions. Medical, Religious, Personal.

I just checked my Cruise Planner for Freedom on March 31, 2018, and the prices are:

Deluxe with Ultimate Dining Package: $63/day

Deluxe with 1-Device Voom Surf/Stream: $56/day

Deluxe Beverage Package ONLY: $43/day

All prices will have 18% service charge added at checkout.

I am still on the fence about the drink package.... We are cruising for the first time on Royal (have cruised many times on Celebrity) - first time being Diamond AND sailing Royal.. I know we get three free drinks from 4:30-8 or something but husband feels that is during dinner time and apparently he wants to drink like a fish. 7 night cruise, three ports. Price is still $41 a day.. I do drink specialty coffees and lots of bottled water, but hate to spend $300+ on a package each... aggghhhhh We always had the drinks free on Celebrity.

I too noticed today that my March cruise had the lower package price of $45. I immediately bought it. My 2017 cruises are still priced higher than that. I am betting that now that folks cannot share a package - we will see better pre-cruise prices. I am hoping the folks that apply for the exception of not having to have everyone in the cabin buy the package stay honest about it and don't ruin it for the rest of us!

I am still on the fence about the drink package.... We are cruising for the first time on Royal (have cruised many times on Celebrity) - first time being Diamond AND sailing Royal.. I know we get three free drinks from 4:30-8 or something but husband feels that is during dinner time and apparently he wants to drink like a fish. 7 night cruise, three ports. Price is still $41 a day.. I do drink specialty coffees and lots of bottled water, but hate to spend $300+ on a package each... aggghhhhh We always had the drinks free on Celebrity.

I am Diamond and sometimes I buy the package and sometimes I don't. Since this is your first RCL cruise - just know that the Diamond drinks are limited in what you can get. And while the wine you get using your Diamond benefit it drinkable - it is not all that good. So depending on what you drink and what time you like to drink - the package may be worth it. One thing to keep in mind - the drink prices on RCL are much higher than on Celebrity! One frozen drink on RCL is going to run you $12 + 18% tip.