Making dinner reservations on Celebrity site...and some restaurant questions

SassyGirl

Hi All!

Going on the Silhouette in January and purchased the 4-restaurant dinner package using onboard credit.

Now, I am trying to figure out how to make dinner reservations for the specialty restaurants on Celebrity's web site. Can anyone direct me? It seems like when I try to make a reservation, the system tries to charge me again, even though I already bought the 4-dinner package. Do I have to call Celebrity on the phone to make these reservations? (I like to plan ahead and would prefer to book my reservations before the cruise if possible).

Also...a couple questions about the specialty restaurants...

Hubby and I don't eat meat, however, we DO eat fish/seafood, eggs, cheese. Given this:

- For the Lawn Club, are there seafood options for grilling?

- The Tuscan Grille is listed as a steakhouse. Are there enough non-meat options to make this restaurant worthwhile?

- Are any of the specialty restaurants not worth our while, given we don't eat meat?

Thanks for any tips you can give me!

SassyGirl

I will let someone else advise re bookings as we haven't tried to do this on line now for a few years.

Re your specific food preferences....speak to the M' D of each restaurant you plan on dining in on boarding.

Even though they are 'specialities' they still have set menus and a fairly large number of covers. If you let them know in advance, however, they are great at responding and then modifying their offering to meet dietary requirements or personal preferences. If you just arrive and come to order and then explain your dining restrictions they will try to accommodate but find it more difficult to modify the menu.

In terms of meeting your 'fishy needs' Murano's have some great options. We really enjoyed both the Dover sole and the French turbot on our last cruise!

Hope you enjoy!

With the dining packages you can not book restaurant reservations until you are on the ship. When you purchase the package you pick either day 1 or 2 and a time for your first dinner but not the restaurant. The system assigns that restaurant but you can change that once you are on the ship.

There will be folks once you board ready to help with your reservations. They will also have a copy of each restaurants menu.

Hi All!

Going on the Silhouette in January and purchased the 4-restaurant dinner package using onboard credit.

Now, I am trying to figure out how to make dinner reservations for the specialty restaurants on Celebrity's web site. Can anyone direct me? It seems like when I try to make a reservation, the system tries to charge me again, even though I already bought the 4-dinner package. Do I have to call Celebrity on the phone to make these reservations? (I like to plan ahead and would prefer to book my reservations before the cruise if possible).

Also...a couple questions about the specialty restaurants...

Hubby and I don't eat meat, however, we DO eat fish/seafood, eggs, cheese. Given this:

- For the Lawn Club, are there seafood options for grilling?

- The Tuscan Grille is listed as a steakhouse. Are there enough non-meat options to make this restaurant worthwhile?

- Are any of the specialty restaurants not worth our while, given we don't eat meat?

Thanks for any tips you can give me!

SassyGirl

I'm wondering the same thing about making reservations ahead of time. I also bought the 4 dinner package. I can find no way to make reservations on line.

There are menu samples from all the restaurants on the Celebrity website. And yes, fish is offered at all of them. Usually vegetarian options too.

As mentioned, you are unable to make your reservations for the packages until you are onboard. I've had luck calling to schedule the first dinner (on day 2) for the restaurant I wanted ahead of time only to find they changed it to a different day, restaurant and time once onboard. So, you can try to reserve that first dinner onboard but definitely check to make sure everything is as you planned when first onboard. You can also make all your other reservations for the remaining dinners in your package at this time.

I don't red eat meat either ... although we've not been on a ship with the Lawn Club so can't speak to that. The Tuscan Grill is not my favorite but was able to fill up on some really awesome dishes in there last time around. I had the lobster pasta (had them replace the pasta with broccoli) and it was quite good. Murano always has fish and seafood options available that are excellent. If you have the Lawn Club, I am not sure you will have Silk Harvest but that is also an excellent option IMO.

Lastly, there is Sushi on Five .... heard that besides decent sushi, they have some really great noodle dishes. I might try it out next time onboard.

Lawn Club has shrimp, fish and scallops available as main entrees. Murano has several choices as well. Go for the lobster prepared tableside and Dover sole. We were very disappointed with Tuscan Grill on Silhouette. Will not be returning. Gave it a couple of chances.

I would wait to book dinner reservations on board.

On the Silhouette cruise we just finished we booked a 4 night package after boarding.

We would not do specialty dining again as we didn't believe spending $50-55 extra for the 2 of us provided good value. We found the food in MDR was quite good and better than we expected.

I would recommend you not book ahead but book on board. Negotiate they are desperate to get people on the first night and while we didn't get it other people we talked to got $25 pp on the first night. We paid $115 pp for 4 nights. Never had a problem getting a reservation booking a day in advance and once the same day.