Watching Baseball playoffs and World Series on the Breakaway

wezie

When we sailed on Breakaway in the spring, there was one satellite sports station. They showed soccer, rugby and sports popular outside North America in the day but just about every night, much to my delight, they showed the NHL playoffs. So all things being equal I would think you have a good chance that at least the World Series will be shown. Don't expect great quality!

Does anyone know for sure if the playoffs and World Series will be televised in the Breakaway?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Breakaway last October. No baseball. Norwegian doesn't get the feed. We got all the other sports. We got the scores online.

They do get football and hockey.

Being a big baseball fan I acquired about this and why stupid soccer was only being shown. Well it has to do with contracts with mlb. Mlb won’t release the broadcast or something like to ncl. I think I even called corporate to ask further.

I was on the Getaway last year at time of the World Series game 7 and couldn't find the game playing anywhere, not even on the tvs at O'Sheehans. Later I met another person from Chicago who told me they were able to get the game on a tv in the fitness center and about 50 people had gathered in there. I found out the Cubs had won when one of the dueling piano players at Howl at the Moon announced it.

Wait.. they don't show baseball at all on Norwegian?? Oh no lol.. I know for people who don't like baseball or sports they won't get it, but my husband is gonna be so upset he can't watch the Yankees.

Ok guys I watch baseball on NCL. Have a few cruises. I have MLB AtBat and then I get unlimited internet. No problem whatsoever and oh yeah, GO CUBS!!!

Wait your data plan doesn’t get roaming charges while on the cruise ?? Thought it does. Regardless of having unlimited data.

Wait your data plan doesn’t get roaming charges while on the cruise ?? Thought it does. Regardless of having unlimited data.

The person you are replying to says they buy an unlimited internet package on the ship ($29/day x length of cruise) to get to their streaming service. NOT use their phone.

Wait.. they don't show baseball at all on Norwegian?? Oh no lol.. I know for people who don't like baseball or sports they won't get it, but my husband is gonna be so upset he can't watch the Yankees.

We were on the Breakaway a couple of months ago and got a lot of European soccer and table tennis (ping pong). You’re not in the United States any more Toto. You’re on a ship flagged in Bermuda with international passengers.