Qucik Passport Question

jakzak10

Sailing Xmas on the Pride. Just noticed passports expire the end of April. For the Bahamas will we be okay to wait until we get back to reissue.

Thanks

Yes, you don't need to renew it early. But, I will suggest if you are going to continue traveling, to renew early. I sent mine in August 29 and just got it back 10-11 with having to expedite a couple weeks ago, and delayed my trip tomorrow by a week. (planned on leaving 10\/8) :)

Or even wait to renew until a couple of months before the next scheduled trip whenever that might be.

Renew 2 months before your next trip.

We have found last minute deals where we hopped on a cruise in two weeks. Keeping our passport current is essential for us. You never know what will show up in your in box!!:D

We have found last minute deals where we hopped on a cruise in two weeks. Keeping our passport current is essential for us. You never know what will show up in your in box!!:D

Good point! Better to be always ready to travel!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In general, Passports are good for ten years for an adult. BUT, I see them as being valid for

91/2 years, Some countries won't recognize Passports due to expire within six months.

Just my thoughts, of course!;)

Sure, if you have that ability that's a plus for you but many do not so this wouldn't apply for them. Even if I could do it I would still not renew my passport until a couple of months before my next scheduled trip and if a last minute deal came my way I live 18 miles from a passport office and could have a new passport in less than a week (yes, I would have to pay an expedite fee but if the deal were that good it would be worth it).

In general, Passports are good for ten years for an adult. BUT, I see them as being valid for

91/2 years, Some countries won't recognize Passports due to expire within six months.

Just my thoughts, of course!;)

That only applies if you are traveling to one of those countries and then typically only if you are traveling there for a land vacation. And it's 6 months remaining on your passport at the end of your trip, so if you are going to be spending a month there then you would need 7 months validity when you depart.