Name on ID

Redeemed92412

AAA does a lot of DMV stuff. Maybe you can get it done there. That is if you are a member. Might be worth becoming one if they will do it. I do all my DMV stuff there. A fraction of the time.

Not all states allow AAA to handle DL/ID issues.

Since OP posted that to get it changed at the DMV you had to "prove it". Perhaps they have no other ID in that name? Why not contact the cruise line and see if they can change the name on the cruise ticket as it was an error?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not all states allow AAA to handle DL/ID issues.

Connecticut does not allow AAA to handle licenses in Fairfield and New Haven Counties - but does in New London County -- seems stupid, Still, it is worth the 75 minute drive each way to avoid the hassle and likely same total time spent after the 20 minute drive to local DMV zoo.

Your cruise is still two months away so you have plenty of time. My county doesn’t have a drivers license examiner. It does sound like a pain; but if it’s possibly the difference between taking and not taking your cruise there’s no question. Can’t you just get there at 6:30 and be first in line?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Question for the OP -

Which spelling does your husband use for every day life? (Credit cards, bank account, etc):

If it matches the birth certificate, then your best bet is to get the DL corrected. If everything is consistant EXCEPT the BC, then I don't know what to suggest at this point. A court ordered name change would be best, but that might take too much time.

You MAY not have proiblems at embarkation, or with CBP after the cruise, but you might.

Good luck,

Aloha,

John