Absence of roll call and cruise connection party for a June 2018 cruise possible?

cachouonacruise

I was under the impression that roll calls were "the norm" for all cruises and also, the cruise connection party meeting.

For our cruise on Solstice in May this year, I really enjoyed both experiences.

We just booked a 7 nights cruise on Infinity, for June 2018. I did not find a roll call. Although surprised, I decided to start one. No action so far.

Tried to sign up for the connection party.... and the response I obtain, is : No party found! ( On Solstice, the response initially received was: We will advize you as soon as enough people have registered for the party. At least, I knew, my request was received and considered).

I am quite puzzled.

I would welcome any info helping me to better understand these processes. Thank-you in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was under the impression that roll calls were "the norm" for all cruises and also, the cruise connection party meeting.

We just booked a 7 nights cruise on Infinity, for June 2018. I did not find a roll call. Although surprised, I decided to start one. No action so far.

Tried to sign up for the connection party.... and the response I obtain, is : No party found! ( On Solstice, the response initially received was: We will advize you as soon as enough people have registered for the party. At least, I knew, my request was received and considered).

I am quite puzzled.

I would welcome any info helping me to better understand these processes. Thank-you in advance!

Each and every roll call thread is initiated by an individual CC member - which you did for your cruise. There is no M&M Connection Party until at least 25 people register for it.

I am quite puzzled.

There are website issues with signing up for connection parties. I am sailing on Reflections in Dec and to sign up I have to call Celebrity back a week before sailing to get on the list - then they are sending the list to the ship.

I don't know why noone is chatting on your sail date, it just might be a slow time period? Perhaps someone else might have that answer, sorry.

Creation of Roll Calls is not automagic. You've done the right thing by creating one. However, it is a little far off, so participation may be spotty right now. I suspect it will pick up as winter doldrums have the expected effect.

Keep watching for the connection party - someone in the ether will realize that it is not yet in organization.

CC Connections party registration is not working since CELEBRITY switch to a the new web site, you can send a email to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

Instructions to start a roll call at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=773219

I sent my 1st email on September 26,2017, never got any response. I just sent my 2nd one today. We will see how that goes.

Thank-you very much for your prompt response and as always, reliable information. I thought for a minute that I was either lost in the fifth dimension or that Roll Calls and Connection Party were already a thing of the past. I feel reassured! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CC Connections party registration is not working since CELEBRITY switch to a the new web site, you can send a email to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

Instructions to start a roll call at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=773219

I have had the reply when I tried to sign up to my connections party also on the Solstice

I wonder if it is a problem with the Solstice

The roll call has been started although very little traffic

I will try the one touch email

Thankyou for the info

Cruise love

I sent a email to Celebrityonetouch and received a phone call back 2 days later regarding the connections registration & party, below is what I was told.

Also our roll call is very slow folks will post once and that's it, not like on other roll calls we have been a part on RCL, NCL and Princess.

Per a telephone call with Celebrity since the online registration for the Cruise Critic Connections Party is not working properly every ship will have a Cruise Critic Connections Party no matter how many sign up or try to sign up.

No invitations will be sent out, you must go to Customer Relations once onboard and they will provide you with the day, time & place of the party.

I am quite puzzled.

I cannot easily check; where is Infinity in June 2018? I have found that some itineraries attract mostly newish cruisers who have never heard of Cruise Critic or Connections...

Thank-you all for the very interesting feedback, I really appreciate your suggestions and explanation. In response to the question regarding the location of Infiniti in June 2018, it will be doing the Alaska Hubbard Glacier cruise from Vancouver, B.C.

Some cruises have a very strong Roll Call others less so. I have been on cruises where there have been over 150 on the roll call with many private excursions and sea day events organised and others where there have been the bare 25 for a mix and mingle party with no activity at all.

Thank-you all for the very interesting feedback, I really appreciate your suggestions and explanation. In response to the question regarding the location of Infiniti in June 2018, it will be doing the Alaska Hubbard Glacier cruise from Vancouver, B.C.

Doh! I should have known that itinerary! Alaska is what I was thinking when I made my earlier comment. Those passengers don't seem that involved in Cruise Critic stuff. (But the Alaska board on this site has a few people who are exceptional sources of information about excursions etc.)

By contrast, I am on a b2b cruise 15 months from now, the Roll Calls are already up to many many pages of discussion, people are busily making plans for excursions, etc.

Stan

I sent a email to Celebrityonetouch and received a phone call back 2 days later regarding the connections registration & party, below is what I was told.

Also our roll call is very slow folks will post once and that's it, not like on other roll calls we have been a part on RCL, NCL and Princess.

Per a telephone call with Celebrity since the online registration for the Cruise Critic Connections Party is not working properly every ship will have a Cruise Critic Connections Party no matter how many sign up or try to sign up.

No invitations will be sent out, you must go to Customer Relations once onboard and they will provide you with the day, time & place of the party.

Thank you

I sent my 1st email on September 26,2017, never got any response. I just sent my 2nd one today. We will see how that goes.

Update I finally received this response to my email.

"Dear Mr. and Mrs. xxxxxxx:

Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises. We are delighted you will be sailing with our cruise line. Please accept our apologies that we were unable to respond to you as quickly as we had hoped. You have my gratitude for patiently awaiting our reply.

I am sorry you have encountered trouble while on our Celebrity website, particularly when trying to register for the Cruise Critic Connections Party. Our IT Department is aware of this situation and is working on an expedient resolution. In the meantime, I have emailed your request to the ship in order to have you both added to the guest list for this event. Because of the technical issues surrounding the sign up for these get-togethers, our Event Coordinator has assured us that each sailing will have a Cruise Critic Connections Party, regardless of the number of interested participants. Registered guests will receive an invitation in their stateroom advising of the exact date, time, and location of the party.

Mr. and Mrs. xxxxxx, once again, we are delighted to have you joining us and will do everything we can to make your vacation enjoyable.

Sincerely,

Ashly Guthrie

Celebrity Cruises"