Transportation from Port of MIA to Ft Lauderdale Airport

coldinerie

Looking for some suggestions on transportation from Port of MIA to Ft Lauderdale on a Sunday.

We are familiar and have utilized both UBER and LYFT. Where do you find your driver at the port? Is it difficult to locate your driver?

Taxis, any one still use these?

We also are familiar with private shuttles, can anyone make suggestions on private shuttle service.

Should we just take Carnival transportation to Ft Lauderdale airport?

Looking for info in determining what is the best fare, easiest to use and gets me to the airport within one hour. We have a 2 pm flight, so no really hurry to get off boat and to FLL. Thanks

We used QLS Transportation recently and loved them! Brand new van, great driver, everyone was friendly and professional. I don't remember the rate exactly but it was between $10-15 per person for the trip. There is a pick up area just outside. There were a number of taxis and companies offer shuttle service that day as well.

These are a few options:

We are big fans of QLS and have used them multiple times.

Depending what time/when you fly in you can do a one way car rental from FLL to MIA. Some services waive the one way rental fee and have a shuttle to the Port. That way you can explore Miami. We have done this after the cruise many times.

We did Uber the last time we sailed from POM and flew out of FLL. The drivers are standing by and will pick you up right outside as you exit customs. Our particular driver was there in less than 60 seconds . He told us that he goes to the port on weekends and waits right there because the calls come in so fast.

Our experience with UBER was so efficient that we made it to the FLL airport in time to standby on an 830am flight which we successfully got on. We were back in Atlanta before debarkation officially ended!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking for some suggestions on transportation from Port of MIA to Ft Lauderdale on a Sunday.

We are familiar and have utilized both UBER and LYFT. Where do you find your driver at the port? Is it difficult to locate your driver? Easy to find your driver - wait is usually under 5 min. Fare to FLL from POM should be about $35

Taxis, any one still use these? Taxis will be lined up - fare to FLL should be about $70

We also are familiar with private shuttles, can anyone make suggestions on private shuttle service. SAS, QLS and others will get you to FLL for about $15 per person in a shared shuttle

Should we just take Carnival transportation to Ft Lauderdale airport? Nope - slower and more expensive

Looking for info in determining what is the best fare, easiest to use and gets me to the airport within one hour. We have a 2 pm flight, so no really hurry to get off boat and to FLL. Thanks

I would go with Uber/Lyft, but it is your call. Have a great cruise! :cool:

These are a few options:

We are big fans of QLS and have used them multiple times.

Depending what time/when you fly in you can do a one way car rental from FLL to MIA. Some services waive the one way rental fee and have a shuttle to the Port. That way you can explore Miami. We have done this after the cruise many times.

It sounds like I don't need a reservation for QLS?

We used QLS Transportation recently and loved them! Brand new van, great driver, everyone was friendly and professional. I don't remember the rate exactly but it was between $10-15 per person for the trip. There is a pick up area just outside. There were a number of taxis and companies offer shuttle service that day as well.

Do you think if we get off the ship at 8AM wee would be able to find a Taxi to take us back to FLL to be there by 10AM?

Do you think if we get off the ship at 8AM wee would be able to find a Taxi to take us back to FLL to be there by 10AM?

Welcome tot he boards :)

Yes - there will be a line of taxis waiting and the drive to FLL usually takes about 45 or so minutes.

If you choose to use Uber the app will confirm your location and you will be provided with a description of the Uber (vehicle make, color, license #) as well as a photo of the driver. The driver will have your location and a photo of you. You can call/text the driver to confirm your pick-up location.

At airports I sometimes tell the driver what color shirt/sweater/jacket I am wearing. The neon pink Hawaiian print shirt that helps you stand out of the crowd at home will likely just blend into the crowd in Miami.;)

• 2 weeks later...
Used QLS from Ft Lauderdale hotel to port and would highly recommend. Never used them from port to airport tho.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app[/quote

]Never, ever use QLS. Waited 45 for driver. couldn't find him even though we arranged pre paid pickup with QLS. Turns out he was waiting in some off- site gravel parking lot behind a fence! Called QLS repeatedly -they don't speak English! Just my experience with them.LOL