Another hurricane

Badgeaz

Somebody doesn't want us to cruise this year. We're on Liberty this Sunday out of Galveston. Already had 2 cancelled cruises this year. One(Serenade) due to the death of my Mother in February and one(Oasis) in September due to Irma. Hopefully this invest slowly dies.

Well since irma wiped out my plans for the eastern caribbean I opted too cancel and get my deposit back. So I went with plan b heading too the western. So yeah it's changed.sorry you can't deal with that.

Looks like something might be brewin g in the western carribean. Was watching the weather channel earlier. 40% chance it becomes a hurricane. Not good I'm booked on the harmony for dec for the western carribean.

Mark badger

Mines next week too, to Roatan and Cozumel, what are you worried about?;)

Congratulations, you don't have anxiety. :*

You're right. We should be considerate of people that have issues. My mom passed away on Wednesday evening. Although awful and very sad, it also has absolutely no affect on our cruise in December. Possible hurricanes that are percolating now, have no affect on our cruise in December. Although it is fun to talk about and debate, we had a cruise that was re-routed because of a hurricane. It wasn't what we wanted, but it was still a cruise. And they make for great stories later on. It is not the end of the world. People that are on resort vacations in hurricane affected areas have a much worse time of it than cruisers do.

Here's the official NHC statement. Note that, as previously mentioned, "formation" means "formation into a tropical cyclone," not "formation into a hurricane."

Tropical Weather Outlook

NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL

200 AM EDT Wed Oct 25 2017

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

1. A broad area of low pressure over Nicaragua, Honduras, and the adjacent Caribbean waters is producing widespread, but disorganized, showers and thunderstorms. Close proximity to land is likely to limit development of this system for the next day or so. However, environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for some development to occur later this week while the system moves slowly northward over the northwestern Caribbean Sea. Regardless of development, locally heavy rains are likely over portions of Central America during the next several days.

* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.

* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.

Forecaster Beven

Not sure what island in particular OP is worried about, but this disturbance is just gonna be some rain and a little wind and be past FL by end of Sunday. Certainly nothing to worry about for a cruise a over month from now.

Crap, we supposed to be leaving on the Allure on Sunday and fly into Ft Lauderdale Saturday night. I hope no flights get affected. As of right now, it's forecasted that this system will pass through south Fl on Saturday and into Sunday am.

Disturbance One still looks to be a minor issue at most for the next several days.

Tropical Weather Outlook

NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL

800 PM EDT Wed Oct 25 2017

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with a broad area of low pressure located over the western Caribbean Sea and Central America are gradually becoming better organized. Close proximity to land is likely to limit development of this system for the next day or so. However, environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for the system to become more organized later this week as it moves slowly northward over the northwestern Caribbean Sea. Strong upper-level winds associated with an approaching cold front will make conditions less favorable by Sunday. Regardless of development, locally heavy rains are likely over portions of Central America and Cuba during the next several days.

* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.

* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.

Forecaster Beven