caribbean princess review

boca7

Oh I so hope the OP addresses that the ship got stuck for over an hour on a sandbar after we left Curacao ... thought we'd be wearing out the thrusters as the ship went round and round as if turning on an axis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

We were? It did? Never noticed a thing lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were? It did? Never noticed a thing lol!

We were ... Noticed it because we were in our cabin , one of the last 6 on the starboard side of Emerald deck ... and the thruster vibration back there went on for a very, very long time ...

From our balcony we watched the onshore fires from the refinery towers disappear around the front of the ship and reappear from the rear ... more than once ... so, yes, we were in a slow rotation ...

Also, it looked like the thrusters were churning up some pretty muddy/sandy water before we finally broke loose and were on our way ...

We may have sailed on time from the pier at 10PM ... but we were a ways offshore til midnite, when we finally sailed away unfettered.

This really did happen ... and, at dinner the next day our tablemates mentioned that they too witnessed it from their Baja deck verandah somewhat forward of our cabin.

We were ... Noticed it because we were in our cabin , one of the last 6 on the starboard side of Emerald deck ... and the thruster vibration back there went on for a very, very long time ...

From our balcony we watched the onshore fires from the refinery towers disappear around the front of the ship and reappear from the rear ... more than once ... so, yes, we were in a slow rotation ...

Also, it looked like the thrusters were churning up some pretty muddy/sandy water before we finally broke loose and were on our way ...

We may have sailed on time from the pier at 10PM ... but we were a ways offshore til midnite, when we finally sailed away unfettered.

This really did happen ... and, at dinner the next day our tablemates mentioned that they too witnessed it from their Baja deck verandah somewhat forward of our cabin.

We did hear the thrusters, and were wondering why. Interesting! Guess being so close to Aruba, it didn't matter much.

We did hear the thrusters, and were wondering why. Interesting! Guess being so close to Aruba, it didn't matter much.

On our roll call, a different reason was given. Said the captain explained it on the intercom. Said no sandbar, but testing the thrusters before going through the canal on the next cruise.

On our roll call, a different reason was given. Said the captain explained it on the intercom. Said no sandbar, but testing the thrusters before going through the canal on the next cruise.

That makes sense. If the ship had grounded, I don't think they would legally be able to

proceed without divers inspecting.

But, it's fun to read the rumors.

We were on this cruise as well - fantastic itinerary and aside from 2 overcast days with rain, 12 days of beautiful sunshine.

We've sailed this ship a few times before and like the updates - the World Marketplace looks good - much better lay out than before. We found the food in the dining room to be good. We ate at Steamers and Planks and enjoyed both. Also ate at Crown Grill and while our entrees were good we didn't care for the rest of the menu so we cancelled our 2nd night there, of course food is very subjective.

Our biggest complaint was the entertainment - it was the worst we've experienced on 26 cruises. We spent several nights on deck watching MUTS because a pianist, trumpet player, soloist weren't our cup of tea. We felt the entertainment was definitely geared towards an older demographic. The comedian and magician were both really good as were the 2 production shows we saw. Again, this is subjective and based on what we like.

Overall it was a wonderful, relaxing cruise and we would sail the CB again.

Did some snooping...here are a couple of "CB reviews" posted on another thread by OP.

Let`s hope so, just off Caribbean Princess & everything changed for the worst, selection & quality of food downgraded. Even got sick from eating the new menu in Sabatini`s, Regal has always been our favorite & this past March on the Regal it was great.

Just off the Caribbean Princess C704, we liked the location as its right by the elevator & she has bad legs, but know beforehand It ca get noisy at times with groups waiting for the elevator who are rowdy. We put up with it for the convenience.

Our biggest complaint was the entertainment - it was the worst we've experienced on 26 cruises. We spent several nights on deck watching MUTS because a pianist, trumpet player, soloist weren't our cup of tea. We felt the entertainment was definitely geared towards an older demographic. The comedian and magician were both really good as were the 2 production shows we saw. Again, this is subjective and based on what we like.

Overall it was a wonderful, relaxing cruise and we would sail the CB again.

In my humble (and personal) opinion, most Princess entertainment on every ship we have sailed is geared towards an older demographic. Just to be clear, I too am considered a member of that demographic. :D I think I'm just not a huge fan of cruise ship entertainment (I'm referring to main theater performances). However, I continue to love cruising on Princess, so it's obviously not a priority for me. ;)

Does anyone have suggestions for the best view(s) when Caribbean Princess travels the locks? How about the pools? Is one better than another?

Does this ship have machines for passengers to do their laundry?

Edited by USERBOYD66
Forgot a question

Does anyone have suggestions for the best view(s) when Caribbean Princess travels the locks? How about the pools? Is one better than another?

Can't answer 1st questions, but there are laundromats according to deck plans.

Oh I so hope the OP addresses that the ship got stuck for over an hour on a sandbar after we left Curacao ... thought we'd be wearing out the thrusters as the ship went round and round as if turning on an axis.

That sounds like an interesting time...a little excitement/nervousness and all. As long as nobody got hurt and no stops were missed all is good!

I'd be interested in his as well as just upgraded to a balcony...and hopefully I picked the good side!

We were on this cruise as well and had a wonderful time! We have submitted a review. In response to the above posting, the following morning Capt. Fortezze broadcast that the ship had " Swung the Compass " in preparation of our canal transit. He said it was a requirement of the Canal Authority.

Cheers Louden