Buying drinks package

davidk800

Should be the same price, unless there is some sort of promotion going on... You can always wait and see if you really need it, too....they will allow you to buy it after the 1st day, as long as there are 4 days left on the cruise.

Should be the same price, unless there is some sort of promotion going on... You can always wait and see if you really need it, too....they will allow you to buy it after the 1st day, as long as there are 4 days left on the cruise.

Thanks cb at sea. And you only pay for the remaining days, correct? We are also on the Millennium in January and don't want to pay for the first 2 days we are in Hong Kong as we will be off the ship most of the time visiting family.

Also, once you buy; is it automatic and you can start enjoying it right away? We are thinking of buying it first thing Tuesday morning (first day at sea) before breakfast.

Sometimes pre cruise there are sales with discounted rates. If you have OBC from X you can purchase it pre-cruise using your OBC. If you don't have enough you pay the difference. I just wanted to make you aware of that option as well.

Sometimes pre cruise there are sales with discounted rates. If you have OBC from X you can purchase it pre-cruise using your OBC. If you don't have enough you pay the difference. I just wanted to make you aware of that option as well.

Thanks for the tip. We only have $50 OBC from our TA; not X so not enough to cover the cost. I think I will wait and keep checking for any pre-sail discounts and if nothing arises, I will book on our first sea day.

You will be offered the packages as you board by staff hanging around the buffet area. Also you can buy from any bartender in a lounge. Yes, it begins immediately after they charge it on your card. Ask when the last day to sign up for one is.

Too, I suggest you run the numbers and see if you at least get to the break even point of the cost of the package compared to buy as you go. We generally slow down on drink purchases as the two week itinerary goes along. And we get back to our at home couple glasses of wine daily tops. But the packages do include things like special coffees and water, which some people find a big draw.

This was my question a couple of months ago, and I didn't see any answers that told me otherwise; however, check if there are VAT taxes they may have to charge onboard wherever you are. We waited to give the bartender the "bonus" of booking my daughter's non alcohol package onboard on our first day, and she had to pay an extra tax for Spain. So, double check where you are going to be if there will be an extra "tax" onboard. Also, in checking pretty well every day for months on our cruise planner, I never saw a discount on the non alcohol package - only the alcohol ones.

Usually you can buy a beverage package any day except the last 3 days of your cruise after that they don't sell them. If you are in port for a day or two prior to sailing it probably does not make sense to buy it right away if you will be off the ship most of the time. Any you can use it the second you buy it.