Port Pass for Costa Maya?

imlulu

We were just there and there is no charge to enter or exit the port proper. We did see the big swim pool/bar area but didn't check to see how they operate it.

If you are looking for something to do at Costa Maya I highly recommend Maya Chan. We had a great time there and it's very reasonable. Space is limited to 75 people so don't wait to book it. It's not a ship excursion you have to book it directly with them.

We were just there and there is no charge to enter or exit the port proper. We did see the big swim pool/bar area but didn't check to see how they operate it.

If you are looking for something to do at Costa Maya I highly recommend Maya Chan. We had a great time there and it's very reasonable. Space is limited to 75 people so don't wait to book it. It's not a ship excursion you have to book it directly with them.

Agree - book early. Been to the Maya Chan Beach Resort in Costa Maya earlier this year and had a great time. Last year, we tried to book with them 3 weeks before our scheduled arrival and could not get reservations. They were all booked up.

• 11 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 12:54 PM, Dennis#1 said:

Have seen the swim club/pool on prior visits to Costa Maya. Did not know there was a fee to use the pool. It use to be free.

It still is free. The port pass entitles you to a few different things while in port and includes one free drink. 

I cannot seem to find the cost for the Port Pass, but it looks interesting and like something a little different (we were unable to secure a snorkel trip, so this could be a great option).   Anyone know the cost?  thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are many beach clubs at no charge.  The last time we were in port there was no charge for the pool.  It looks like the pass just gets you a dedicated seat somewhere in the pool area.  I have never seen a problem getting chairs there.  You just have to deal with the crowds.  We love port days at Costa Maya! 

22 minutes ago, arlodog said:

There are many beach clubs at no charge.  The last time we were in port there was no charge for the pool.  It looks like the pass just gets you a dedicated seat somewhere in the pool area.  I have never seen a problem getting chairs there.  You just have to deal with the crowds.  We love port days at Costa Maya! 

No, there are like 4 activities in the port and you get to do 3 of them, plus a reserved pool chair.  Someone posted a link above. There is a chocolate museum, an aviary, and some other attractions.  You might get one drink at the pool too.  It's not just the pool seat. 

4 hours ago, whyrlygig said:

$39 is what is shown when I look at it for my upcoming cruise.  

I was hoping to hear the pool is availible for use at no cost.  You are sure of this?  

There is no charge to use the pool. The port pass is an excursion in the port area.

1 hour ago, ssb said:

Tropicante Beach Club on your own 

Beach Good , Food Good , Service Good 

On your own 

7D5D7164-B4EA-4705-9A87-6B5EA76A3824.jpeg

This a no charge beach in Old Town .Mahuahal . Just walk up and find your chairs . And is recommended highly on FB Royal Caribbean Liberty of the seas group page . 

This is Royal Caribbean's description of the Costa Maya Port Pass ... Stay on site at the Costa Maya Port and enjoy all we have to offer! Try out our Port Experiences and then sit back, relax and enjoy a couple of drinks. Tour includes four of our unique port activities: Aviary: Climb heights on this unique aviary experience. Traverse the habitats through hanging bridges with incredible views of the entire port, get ready to feed the most beautiful and exotic birds in the Caribbean. Kakaw: Get ready to know how the chocolate became a cultural sensation. Our chocolate factory is a great adventure full of flavor that you cannot miss. Tequila Museum: Follow Panchito and Macario to know the process of production of tequila of México. Afterwards, taste some of our best brand Tequilas. Akua Sting Ray Snorkel Bay: Live this incredible experience through our gorgeous natural snorkeling bay, swim among colorful fish and stingrays! You will also have access to our Port Facilities (Lounge Chairs, Restrooms & Showers) FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. Finally relax and enjoy two complimentary House Drinks (Margarita, Piña Colada or Daiquiri). CMD5