Allure - Suite Guarantee vs Current Booking (Ocean view balcony)

parkbr

Hello,

I was just casually checking the Royal Caribbean website as my parents' booked inside room and I was thinking of maybe upgrading if the price difference is not too big, and found out that that's the case for us, not my parents!

It seems like JS guarantee price is not very different considering it comes with free gratuities.

There are 3 of us in the room (2 adult 1 toddler), so that means the tips will come close to $300 and the difference in price is about $400, so about $100 in difference. Could be less, could be more.

We booked it through TA, so I have to wait for her till tomorrow at 11AM, but if it is still available by tomorrow, should we consider upgrading it?

I don't see any JS available via Royal Caribbean UK site, just 1 GS available and 2-4 rooms under OS, Aqua theatre suite and loft suits. Maybe they will move people around to make more JS available later, as some of you mentioned in the other post.

The only thing I worry is that I would not like to be on deck 14, as we were told it can get very noisy.

Or should I just upgrade it to D1?

We currently have D3...

If I could upgrade from a D to a JS for $100, I would not hesitate!

My TA told me the difference is $670 CAD and free gratuities, she has to check whether category W is qualified.

If gratuities are included, then it would be $220 CAD difference, which is ~$170 USD.

Is it still worth it???

My TA told me the difference is $670 CAD and free gratuities, she has to check whether category W is qualified.

If gratuities are included, then it would be $220 CAD difference, which is ~$170 USD.

Is it still worth it???

For $170 i would do it.

Oh, I just found out that other TA offers the same room with $0 extra.

My TA is telling me different prices. =S

I am only 6 wks out to the cruise and I don't think I can change TA...

Should I go tell my TA that other company offers the same room for cheaper?

I haven't seen the free gratuities promo, but is it for first and second passengers only (which is what they usually are) or does it cover everyone in the cabin?

Be sure you know whose grats will be covered when you calculate the net cost increase.

I haven't seen the free gratuities promo, but is it for first and second passengers only (which is what they usually are) or does it cover everyone in the cabin?

Be sure you know whose grats will be covered when you calculate the net cost increase.

Good catch- It is for only passenger 1 and 2- OP Here are the terms

Free Pre Paid Gratuities:

*Cruise must be booked September 1, 2017 – October 31, 2017. Offer applies to all Harmony of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas and Symphony of the Seas sailings departing on or after October 1, 2017. Offer provides free pre-paid gratuities for guests one and two who book a Sea or Sky class suite. Offer is combinable with NRDB OBC, promotional OBCs, instant savings, restricted discounts (for example, Senior, Resident, Military) Crown and Anchor discounts and Shareholder Benefits. After the offer period, the offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the offer. Offer applies to new, individual and named group bookings confirmed at prevailing rates. Individual reservations can be transferred into an existing group, assuming required criteria are met, though full deposit will be required at time of transfer. Failure to apply the required full deposit amount may result in the cancellation of the booking. Offer available to residents of the United States or Canada. Free pre-paid gratuities will be applied within one week of qualified bookings. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer he or she wishes to apply. Prices and offer are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. © 2017 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registry: The Bahamas. 17058487 • 8/31/2017

Is it still worth it???

Yes!

Hopefully your cabin won't be on deck 12 under the pool area...very noisy early in the a.m. (6 or 7) with carts being wheeled around the pool deck (I think the towel carts). Also the music is so loud during the day from the pool area that you can hear it in your cabin with balcony door closed. Not good on those days that you want to take a little nap:)

Do you mean deck 14?

BTW, I just heard back from my TA.

She said W is not qualified for free gratuities. I was thinking... really? maybe because it's not a new booking?

Anyways, and she also mentioned that we can get upgraded to Cat W for $350 USD.

Now the price is getting higher and higher.

Maybe I can just upgrade to D1 for no extra cost.

I am booked on August 12 Allure sailing and I don't see any spot where to request a guarantee cabin. Does that mean it is sold out? I would think it would still show the option. Am I doing something incorrectly? It just shows me for each category refundable or non refundable option.

Thank you.

I am booked on August 12 Allure sailing and I don't see any spot where to request a guarantee cabin. Does that mean it is sold out? I would think it would still show the option. Am I doing something incorrectly? It just shows me for each category refundable or non refundable option.

Thank you.

Guarantees are not available in every category and/or sailing.

Thank you.

My guess is that option is just not available. I see it come and go.

Do you mean deck 14?

BTW, I just heard back from my TA.

She said W is not qualified for free gratuities. I was thinking... really? maybe because it's not a new booking?

Anyways, and she also mentioned that we can get upgraded to Cat W for $350 USD.

Now the price is getting higher and higher.

Maybe I can just upgrade to D1 for no extra cost.

If it were me, I would call Royal and ask whether a W qualifies for free grat. I can't tell you how many times a TA has told me something that just flat-out isn't true. Sometimes, I think they just didn't want to fool with the change because it might make a difference in their commission; sometimes they just didn't know.

Royal has a desk called RESOLUTIONS. If the first person you talk to (don't tell them you are already booked, just ask about the W category and grat.) says it isn't qualified, ask to speak to Resolutions.

If you get a positive response, then call your TA.

If it were me, I would call Royal and ask whether a W qualifies for free grat. I can't tell you how many times a TA has told me something that just flat-out isn't true. Sometimes, I think they just didn't want to fool with the change because it might make a difference in their commission; sometimes they just didn't know.

Royal has a desk called RESOLUTIONS. If the first person you talk to (don't tell them you are already booked, just ask about the W category and grat.) says it isn't qualified, ask to speak to Resolutions.

If you get a positive response, then call your TA.

I booked through TA, so Royal would talk to me?? When I called, Royal called me that I can't.

Would I negotiate everything with them and call my TA to let them know and make payment?

I booked through TA, so Royal would talk to me?? When I called, Royal called me that I can't.

Would I negotiate everything with them and call my TA to let them know and make payment?

I think the poster was saying call Royal like you are new customer and haven't booked yet.

Then you can ask them your question.

I think the poster was saying call Royal like you are new customer and haven't booked yet.

Then you can ask them your question.

Oh, it says clearly on the website when I do mock booking, gratuities are included for cat W.

Oh, it says clearly on the website when I do mock booking, gratuities are included for cat W.

Then book it. Confirm with RCCL like you are a new customer. Call your TA and have them book it or rebook yourself. When you hit the selection for guarantee, does it still say under the selection gratuities are included or just the first section where you hit all suites? If it's under guarantee, make sure you also take a picture of it with your phone in case you need to show them. Good luck! Report back what happened!

Then book it. Confirm with RCCL like you are a new customer. Call your TA and have them book it or rebook yourself. When you hit the selection for guarantee, does it still say under the selection gratuities are included or just the first section where you hit all suites? If it's under guarantee, make sure you also take a picture of it with your phone in case you need to show them. Good luck! Report back what happened!

We're sailing in 6 wks, so I am seeking for an upgrade as oppose to a new booking. So it's post full-payment. I think that's why she is being little difficult.

Yes, when I click selection for guarantee, it says gratuities are included.

I called her again and asked her again. I said I am willing to upgrade, but not for $350 + no free gratuities. I will see what she comes back with. I feel like I don't want to deal with TAs anymore. I normally never do, but this time, I decided to give it a try.. :(