Ice

flamingogal75

The real question is to how to get them to not leave an ice bucket. It would be nice to have the extra space. I sometimes empty it in the sink and store it in the closet. Twice a day I can count on it being filled and put back on the table or in the fridge if there is room.

Yes, I asked but the supervisors that inspect the steward will ding him if it is missing.

framer

Some ships have an ice machine on each floor - I found one on the Regal or Royal stashed away in one of their staff only rooms - not to be used by guests

Lot of good that info does since people aren't allowed to use them.

I'll bet they have ice machines in the crew mess hall also. LOL :D

Every ship has ice machines on every passenger cabin deck, usually more than one. They are in the cabin stewards' pantries, and yes, are not for guest use, since guests are not trained in the proper (per USPH) use of the ice machines, to maintain sanitary conditions.

They don't have ice machines in the crew mess hall, but do have ice dispensers like the buffet.

That would be USPH, not USCG.

Yes of course. I plead a senior moment :o

The real question is to how to get them to not leave an ice bucket. It would be nice to have the extra space. I sometimes empty it in the sink and store it in the closet. Twice a day I can count on it being filled and put back on the table or in the fridge if there is room.

Yes, I asked but the supervisors that inspect the steward will ding him if it is missing.

framer

The room stewards are held to a tight procedure and are inspected by the supervisor all the time. It does not surprise me that the ice bucket filled is a mandatory item. If the refrigerator is not available - filled with my wine bottles :D - then the steward puts it on the small bar area under the TV.

Oh, and you can pre-order on your Princess personalizer a 12 pack of water that will be in your stateroom when you board. It is very inexpensive and one of the better deals-only $6.90. My husband loves this as he is a water drinker too.

Pooh

What brand of bottled what does Princess use? I am not a big fan of just ordinary filtered water from some city water system, but I like spring water such as Ice Mountain. My hometown has a Niagara bottled water plant and I only drink their spring water, which is hard to find.

What brand of bottled what does Princess use? I am not a big fan of just ordinary filtered water from some city water system, but I like spring water such as Ice Mountain. My hometown has a Niagara bottled water plant and I only drink their spring water, which is hard to find.

Depends on itinerary. I think it's whatever's available in the port they're using for provisioning.