Tamarind

Tiggipaws

Hello

I have been looking at the menu for the Tamarind Restaurant on the Eurodam. I have a couple of questions.

1. How big are the portions?

2. Do you order from each section? Or would this be to much food.

I live in the Uk so portions here are not large

Thank you

hi Tiggi,

Im also from the UK and the tamarind portions are more like we are used to than the emassive US offerings, I would go easy on the soup to start(altought they are delicious) you should then manage the other courses with being full but not uncomfortanbly stuffed - the food is wondereul- enjoy!!

Hello

Thank you for all the replies and thank you for the photographs Old As Dirt Mom. From reading the replies I won't be choosing from every section, so I think I might have to make a sacrifice and go more than once to sample the options I like the look of. All looks delicious

I find the Tamarind portions to be good for my DW and I. We are pleasantly full after we dine in the Tamarind we just leads to a nice long stroll around the beautiful ship admiring the art, with drink in hand!

13 days until my next Tamarind reservation on the NA!

dh

I think I might have to make a sacrifice and go more than once to sample the options I like the look of. All looks delicious
We always have to go at least twice for DH to get his favorites - the lobster and the wasabi-encrusted tenderloin! We think the portion sizes are moderate - neither too large nor too small.

• 2 months later...

I actually did finally OD on sushi, when I ordered it as an entree. I thought I would be in heaven because they do a very good job preparing it. However that was too much one-note over-kill.

Pick and choose widely and re-book several times to cover all bases. Some is better than others. But always an enjoyable change of pace.

Is it a-la-cart or fix pricing?

It is prix fixe, though there may be some premium price options like Pinnacle, but my recollection overall it was mainly prix fixe. With a great deal of variety -starting with very interesting appetizer options: Shrimp chips and various tasty sambals.

Is it a-la-cart or fix pricing?
It is prix fixe, though there may be some premium price options like Pinnacle, but my recollection overall it was mainly prix fixe. With a great deal of variety -starting with very interesting appetizer options: Shrimp chips and various tasty sambals.

There's a $25 per person upcharge for dinner (Mariner discount applies), and then you order whatever you like. Go with a group and you can share and sample more appetizers and entrees.

The Tamarind is our favourite of the HAL specialty restaurants!

And yes, I agree that sushi as an entree, while beautifully prepared and presented, is just way too much sushi!

We think we’re going to share the soup so we can taste it. Each get an appetizer and an entree. I’d like to share sushi,too..Can we box up the sushi if we don’t finish it for a midnight snack? And dessert?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The last time I ate in Tamarind by myself it was WAY too much food. The next time I think I'll just do a soup appetizer and then an entrée and call it a day. Maybe a light dessert like the green tea sorbet. ;)

Roz