Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Bill, fuzzy logic is a wonderful thing in so many things including my Zoji which always produces perfect rice whatever I do.

I got rid my Kangaroo cooker - electric, Vietnamese induction coil 'hot plate'. The idiotic thing had program 'buttons' labeled in English: 'Hot Pot', 'Stir Fry', 'Water', 'Stew', 'Milk' etc., and literally a mind of it's own. It didn't tell me the temperature, but rather the wattage. :rolleyes: It would decide to 'jump' from 200 watts to 2400 watts i.e. 100 degrees C to 1200 degrees... for no apparent reason... even when 'Locked'. It was literally impossible to simmer anything. :mad:

I installed gas. Now, I cook perfect rice in a pot. :D

Jeff, thanks. But I admire your plates too, shambolic or not! And the taste is more important.

Bill, my apologies for the high laundry costs. And we also have an LG washer. It's pretty funny; the tune it plays when the laundry is done is quite complicated. But ours is labeled in English...luckily!

Thanks J! We are not vegetarians normally. Myster made a shrimp stir fry last week and had left over tofu that he wanted to use. He did some research and found the curry recipe he made tonight. I am not a huge fan of tofu and he did himself proud with both the stir fry and the curry.

JP...we're not as young and fit as you are. We share one bottle of wine. Two bottles for dinner would probably put us to sleep by 7:00 pm. :) However, I will report back on the next wine we choose for the left overs.

Bill .....that must have been crazy making dealing with your Kangaroo cooker! Glad you returned to sanity with gas. :)

Bill, my apologies for the high laundry costs. And we also have an LG washer. It's pretty funny; the tune it plays when the laundry is done is quite complicated. But ours is labeled in English...luckily!

I know the tune to tell me the laundry is done. :) However, the ones in the middle of all the different programming 'cycles' are a complete mystery. :confused: Without an English instruction guide it's like trying to make sense of quantum mechanics. :rolleyes: :D

What have they done to the Cloud!

28287560718_a6976fb1f2_z.jpg.

So that's where they got the extra piece to put into Silver Spirit! Stretch one, shrink another.

Spins, looks like a boat that could handle a spinnaker...

Loved the name sakes!

What a gorgeous wood pile! Since we live in the "sticks" I can appreciate a good wood stack! Several years ago, when we were big into burning wood, we did a circular wood pile. Looked like a yurt!

Heading out in the rain this am....forcast is dismal. Just adds to the atmosphere!

Definitely a vote for the second stack!

We also have a wood stack in the garage. It's nice to have a fire now and then on a cozy winter night. Glad I don't heat with it though, like we did back on the farm. That was hard work!

PS. Les posted a link to his Silver Cloud video on wellseasoned's trip report. Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

[emoji4] I do enjoy this discussion of stacks !

The best of all stacks imho is a Singapore stack .....

65f84cfd7f218a78f67b7076414e5dc2.jpg

a49600b6c9000448e48291d9dc7d39e5.jpg

52d4b318be523cae32c1f7b191237b88.jpg

.... followed by a Vienna stack ....

d7964d84d7734b73acf2e977fcf59521.jpg

..... and then a pickle stack......

d6a98ce1cfd39b90d7427ade9002a313.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

C’est vrai!

It’s a lovely day here today.

MarineTraffic tells me that a very old looking cruise ship is in the bay today. The Hamburg. It makes you appreciate proper boats. :D

7e1900dcfda579efb2b5752baea11b13.jpg

Todays rustic plaice and my wonderful travel humidor followed ....

a7a88187e1488df7708becc443c426ee.jpg

ffd8886eb54dec1de1c5c15ca402d18d.jpg

c34f6188b21eb4d45a3715a35aa07ef9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Myster is working in his office set-up in the living room. He has his laptop, ipad, coffee and comfy chair. I am doing laundry. :( However, on Sunday we will celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary at a tiny local restaurant that we love. Decor is simple, food is delicious and service is amazing. Perfect little retreat for us. We don't exchange gifts because there is really nothing either of us needs or covets in material goods. Our current focus is to save for travel. Making memories which are much easier to pack. :)

Good plan, mysty! Just to be clear, the "saving for travel" is what I was referring to, and not the laundry! Chris and I do that as well. Digital pics take up far less room than gifts.

We are starting to think about #25 in two years. Where to go...? Exotic and new, or revisit an old favorite? Adventure, or relaxing? Climb Kili? So many choices!

Looking at restaurants in Paris for our brief overnight sojourn in September. There are some nice authentic-sounding bistros in the immediate vicinity of Gare du Nord that would probably work. We found a Condé Nast article listing some interesting wine bars in Paris as well, so that could be another option...

We'll arrive in town a little after 7pm, and we'll have to leave the hotel for CDG quite early that next morning for Copenhagen. It will be a lightning visit...as long as we don't stay up too late, and we can still get up in the morning!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Myster is working in his office set-up in the living room. He has his laptop, ipad, coffee and comfy chair. I am doing laundry. :( However, on Sunday we will celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary at a tiny local restaurant that we love. Decor is simple, food is delicious and service is amazing. Perfect little retreat for us. We don't exchange gifts because there is really nothing either of us needs or covets in material goods. Our current focus is to save for travel. Making memories which are much easier to pack. :)

Happy Anniversary for Sunday but what tosh re gifts, there is always room in the wardrobe for a new tiara.

Have fun and Jeff that bottle of vodka looks rather empty to me, or is it just exceptionally pure??

Rp