Just when I thought it was a GO

Sea and Me

Well here we go again!!! We booked a cruise on the Getaway for 8/12-19, family of 12!! We had the cabins, we got the perks, so we had it all together. WELL last evening while talking to our son plans fell apart--for a good reason. Our oldest grandson has an offer to play baseball for a wonderful college!! His move in date is 8/17!! The one reason we are doing this cruise is to all get together before grandkids leave for college.

SO the fun begins: look for another cruise, earlier dates, and hopefully same ship!! Grandma (aka travel lady) struck gold!! We are booking the 8/5-12 cruise on the Getaway today!! It will be having to cancel the one and book the other. We have a great travel agent, as long as he does not pull out his hair, we should be all set to sail.

Have others ever had to do this, cancel one, book another?? Have a great day everyone !

It shouldn't be a big deal to push your cruise back a week. It's far enough out that you should still be able to get the same cabins, or at least similar ones. What a wonderful thing, taking a cruise with your grandkids. We did that last year with my parents and it was a memory to cherish.

Well here we go again!!! We booked a cruise on the Getaway for 8/12-19, family of 12!! We had the cabins, we got the perks, so we had it all together. WELL last evening while talking to our son plans fell apart--for a good reason. Our oldest grandson has an offer to play baseball for a wonderful college!! His move in date is 8/17!! The one reason we are doing this cruise is to all get together before grandkids leave for college.

SO the fun begins: look for another cruise, earlier dates, and hopefully same ship!! Grandma (aka travel lady) struck gold!! We are booking the 8/5-12 cruise on the Getaway today!! It will be having to cancel the one and book the other. We have a great travel agent, as long as he does not pull out his hair, we should be all set to sail.

Have others ever had to do this, cancel one, book another?? Have a great day everyone !

congat to your grandson. Our son actually played pro ball, back in the 80s. He choose pro over college: big mistake. Now, to your question we have never had to change with 12 people involved but that really shouldn't be a deal breaker. Just be thankful you have a good TA, let them worry about details. and again, congrats to your grandson.

congat to your grandson. Our son actually played pro ball, back in the 80s. He choose pro over college: big mistake. Now, to your question we have never had to change with 12 people involved but that really shouldn't be a deal breaker. Just be thankful you have a good TA, let them worry about details. and again, congrats to your grandson.

Thanks for your kind words! He is the first grandchild and grandson so yes we are thrilled!! His main goal is to be a pilot but wants that degree first.

We did get to change bookings (TA did it) and we are excited to be "family" cruising. Have a great day. If I may ask what part of Arkansas, my cousin lives in N. Little Rock.

As a former AF pilot, Vietnam vet and fairly avid cruiser, allow me to tell your grandson that the degree is paramount. It was the one prerequisite for military flight that could not be avoided, even 50 years ago. I rather ashamedly confess that my acquiring that degree was done with the absolute minimum amount of effort and resulted in the minimum grade point necessary to get by. I don't advise that approach anymore. In my day the Air Force had 8 pilot training bases with eight classes in progress at each base. Today, I believe, the Air Force has two (2) PT bases, my old base being one of them, Laughlin AFB, Del Rio, Texas. I can't speak for the Navy, but I would guess the situation is similar.

Coincidentally, I played ball sufficiently in college as a pitcher that I held a few school records for more than a few years. Still the only perfect game........but I digress.

Study as well as he can and strive to do well and not just get by. Then look to fly, in the military, some of the most amazing planes that any country can manufacture. After that, he is a shoo-in for commercial flying.

As a former AF pilot, Vietnam vet and fairly avid cruiser, allow me to tell your grandson that the degree is paramount. It was the one prerequisite for military flight that could not be avoided, even 50 years ago. I rather ashamedly confess that my acquiring that degree was done with the absolute minimum amount of effort and resulted in the minimum grade point necessary to get by. I don't advise that approach anymore. In my day the Air Force had 8 pilot training bases with eight classes in progress at each base. Today, I believe, the Air Force has two (2) PT bases, my old base being one of them, Laughlin AFB, Del Rio, Texas. I can't speak for the Navy, but I would guess the situation is similar.

Coincidentally, I played ball sufficiently in college as a pitcher that I held a few school records for more than a few years. Still the only perfect game........but I digress.

Study as well as he can and strive to do well and not just get by. Then look to fly, in the military, some of the most amazing planes that any country can manufacture. After that, he is a shoo-in for commercial flying.

Thank you so much for your post, I will be seeing my grandson and I will definately have him read this. I am not bragging but he is a good student and a left handed pitcher. He has his head on straight. Thanks again for your time in posting and thank you for serving our country!