Traveling to Cozumel with an infant/toddler

Hooked On Cruising 4ever

I need some help from cruisers who have been to Cozumel with infant/toddlers. I have a friend and his wife traveling to Cozumel with us next week and we are planning an excursion to Mr. Sancho's Beach Club. Has anyone had any experience traveling with an infant/toddler in Cozumel? Did you bring a car seat on board ship with you? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

I need some help from cruisers who have been to Cozumel with infant/toddlers. I have a friend and his wife traveling to Cozumel with us next week and we are planning an excursion to Mr. Sancho's Beach Club. Has anyone had any experience traveling with an infant/toddler in Cozumel? Did you bring a car seat on board ship with you? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Not much need for a car seat ,most bus's ,taxi's you find in Mexico ,and in the islands , won't have seat belts anyway

Been there, done that! No need for a car seat. We took a collapsible pack-n-play with us and carried it to the beach. Our 7 month old played in that (in the shade), and he was happy as could be. He's now 8 and, fortunately, likes sand and water.

Our trip to Cozumel was rerouted but we've cruised with a toddler before. You'll get a definite split on the carseat: I'd never travel without a carseat and just put the kid on your lap, he/she will be fine. Many taxis won't have seatbelts but you can wait for a taxi that does if the parents choose to use one. I know I sound like a sanctimommy, but the laws of physics don't stop because you are on vacation and accidents DO happen. In my opinion (and I know not everyone agrees), we only go where we can walk or take a shuttle in port. We do take our carseat on cruises if we fly because we use it pre and post cruise. We just stored it in the closet in the cabin. It's really not a hassle.

Our trip to Cozumel was rerouted but we've cruised with a toddler before. You'll get a definite split on the carseat: I'd never travel without a carseat and just put the kid on your lap, he/she will be fine. Many taxis won't have seatbelts but you can wait for a taxi that does if the parents choose to use one. I know I sound like a sanctimommy, but the laws of physics don't stop because you are on vacation and accidents DO happen. In my opinion (and I know not everyone agrees), we only go where we can walk or take a shuttle in port. We do take our carseat on cruises if we fly because we use it pre and post cruise. We just stored it in the closet in the cabin. It's really not a hassle.

At the end of the day it is the parents decision and what they are comfortable with. They do not need to have a car seat in Mexico and as stated many sedans with have seatbelts cut or unavailable but you can wait for a taxi that has them if you want to use a child seat.

To save the hassle of transport with a toddler from International Pier, we have walked to Park Royal and bought AI day pass and enjoyed but it does not have the water trampoline etc if that is important to you. It is convenient to return for forgotten items or naps and has indoor buffet restaurant away from heat for a while.

Amazon has some good deals on travel/inflatable car seats. I would not travel without a car seat if I was travelling with children; I will not get into a taxi with cut or knotted seat belts -- I give my business to drivers who maintain their vehicles.

Play Mia offers lots of AI packages and is popular with families because of their kiddie water park - perfect for toddlers.

You might scan the Family Cruise boards to see what others have done. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Amazon has some good deals on travel/inflatable car seats. I would not travel without a car seat if I was travelling with children; I will not get into a taxi with cut or knotted seat belts -- I give my business to drivers who maintain their vehicles.

Play Mia offers lots of AI packages and is popular with families because of their kiddie water park - perfect for toddlers.

You might scan the Family Cruise boards to see what others have done. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Th OP doesn’t say how old the child is but they have to be more like “young child”, to use the inflatable seats you recommend.

You'll need a regular car seat - the travel booster seat will not work. the good news is that the airline will check the seat for free if you chose not to use it on the flight. I would also tip the cab driver an extra buck or two for the time spent installing and uninstalling the seat.

Some cruise lines offer ship sponsored excursions to Playa Mia beach club that include transport - you will not need a car seat when riding on the cruise bus, but it does restrict your options and the time you can spend at the park.