Crown Princess Riviera Suites?

Jules59

We've just been been up-selled"sp" to suite R408.We.ve never been in a suite before. Can anyone give us any info about this? Thank you.

Crown Princess

We were on this deck, a bit forward in the balcony cabins, on the Crown Princess before. Our room was on the starboard side, though ... but it was awful. We also met some people on that cruise that were in the suites and they also complained about the constant noise overhead. I never could figure out why Princess designed their ship this way ... the suites right under the pool deck. On the Starboard side, they also had a ping pong table set up right over the suites, so if the deck chair scraping wasn't bad enough, this would definitely put one over the edge. Of note, you are also directly across from the elevator vestibule opening, so, depending on how considerate other passengers are, this could also add to the noise level just beside your cabin.

Suite life is wonderful ... but not in this case....at least not for me. If you are not a light sleeper or if noise doesn't bother you in the least ... I would jump on it. So many wonderful benefits that go along with being in a suite. Only you can tell if the trade off would be worth it for you. Me? I would rather book an inside cabin on the Caribe deck with cabins above and below me on the Crown ... others might think that is crazy talk, though.

Fortunately, we are both good sleepers. Don't think we'll have a problem sleeping. One question is the bed. Since the Crown doesn't go into dry dock until after we sail on her, is the bed anymore comfortable? Also, what about the deck? Is the whole deck covered? How much furniture is there out there?

We took upsells twice on Riviera deck, once in 408. You could hear chairs being moved around early in the morning. I am a light sleeper. Annoyed me a few mornings. I am up usually at 6 am anyway on a cruise but 3 or 4 was a bit too early. I used earplugs and then had no problems. The bed was very comfortable but that was almost 2 years ago. You can request all kinds of pillows. I had a body pillow and a couple feather pillows. Balcony is very narrow in my opinion, but long. One end had a table with 4 chairs and the other end had a padded lounge with a small table. Balcony is covered as I recall. I am hoping for an upsell on my upcoming Feb. cruise. I would book this cabin again if the price was right. Enjoy!

Edited by mamaboss
Correct spelling and added sentences

We took upsells twice on Riviera deck, once in 408. You could hear chairs being moved around early in the morning. I am a light sleeper. Annoyed me a few mornings. I am up usually at 6 am anyway on a cruise but 3 or 4 was a bit too early. I used earplugs and then had no problems. The bed was very comfortable but that was almost 2 years ago. You can request all kinds of pillows. I had a body pillow and a couple feather pillows. Balcony is very narrow in my opinion, but long. One end had a table with 4 chairs and the other end had a padded lounge with a small table. Balcony is covered as I recall. I am hoping for an upsell on my upcoming Feb. cruise. I would book this cabin again if the price was right. Enjoy!

Thanks Mamaboss. The body pillow sounds wonderful. How is the shower? Just a regular one? And is the whirlpool very big? Lot of counter space in the bathroom? Is the deck furniture padded? So many questions. first time in a suite.

Thanks Mamaboss. The body pillow sounds wonderful. How is the shower? Just a regular one? And is the whirlpool very big? Lot of counter space in the bathroom? Is the deck furniture padded? So many questions. first time in a suite.

Shower is great! Definitely larger than a balcony shower. Whirlpool tub is very deep. I never used it so can't comment on jets. I know the lounger is padded but I can't remember if the table chairs were. We loved the suite! I have a suite booked on Island for 2019 I'm hoping will be as nice as penthouse suites. I can't get any info on them as they are handicap suites aft that were added when they took out Universe lounge. Keeping my fingers crossed!:D

Thank you again. So excited.

My first two Princess cruises were in Riviera deck PH Suites (R412 on the Emerald & R408 on the Ruby). As prior posts mentioned, there is noise from the Lido deck. The noise however wasn't an issue for me. What I was a little disappointed with was the size of the balcony. To me at least, it was kinda narrow. Below is the link to my Flickr album for our 2009 T/A on the Ruby. Pictures of the cabin are on page two of the album....:):):)

Bob

My first two Princess cruises were in Riviera deck PH Suites (R412 on the Emerald & R408 on the Ruby). As prior posts mentioned, there is noise from the Lido deck. The noise however wasn't an issue for me. What I was a little disappointed with was the size of the balcony. To me at least, it was kinda narrow. Below is the link to my Flickr album for our 2009 T/A on the Ruby. Pictures of the cabin are on page two of the album....:):):)

Bob

Thanks so much for the link.

Edited by Jules59
not what I wanted to say